New Game design in progress, looks like a SC2 successor ...

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Ultron
Hunam adventurer

New Game design in progress, looks like a SC2 successor ...

Post by Ultron » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:12 am

Hello Earthlings,
I found a very promising game on the web. Remembers me to the old SC1 and SC2 times.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... /everspace
The guys designing it have made "Galaxy on Fire" (GOF) which was downloaded about 30 million times ...
I keep my fingers crossed, that they will succeed.
Have a nice week with many rainbow planets.
Here a link to the EVERSPACE universe systems scan, quadrant 1 of 143.871.976 :-)

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: New Game design in progress, looks like a SC2 successor

Post by Dyandod » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:40 am

I played Galaxy on Fire and got partway through GoF2, and definitely liked them. It could be really cool to see something similar to it on a PC screen instead of my tiny phone!

There's definitely some similarities with Star Control, though I'm still looking for a game with all the charm of Star Control that has 3D space combat. GoF is definitely a bleaker, lonelier galaxy, so it doesn't quite fit. Still a good game though- actually, I've mentioned before it would be cool to see an SC remake with GoF-style travel between planets/solar systems.

Best of luck to RockFish!
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Ultron
Hunam adventurer

Re: New Game design in progress, looks like a SC2 successor

Post by Ultron » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:55 am

What I understood, this game "Everspace" is a 3D shooter but additional with mission like tasks which remembered me to the old day of Starcon I+II.