Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Making a game inspired by Star Control 2.
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:44 am 
I'M ALIVE!

Hello!

I'm here just to let anyone interested now that I'm working on a Star Control 2 style game. It will feature 1 on 1 melee with ships and some kind of adventure system with resource management. The aim is to make this a commercial game. Here is video I made today while testing the AI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfsZIzeuQ1k. Note that the ships and the weapons are not final. Just examples I put together quickly to test things.

If there are some things you would have always wanted to see in SC2, or any other ideas, please say them here. The game is in its early stages so it is still easy to change lots of things. I will check this topic from time to time and hopefully at some point I will be opening own forum for this game.

Post subject: Re: Making a game inspired by Star Control 2.
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:06 am 
Slylandro gasbags

An uncensored sex scene with talana would be nice. You know, that could be the whole plot of the game -- going from planet to planet fucking the most lovely alien women around. Melee fights with jealous exes/husbands, perhaps introduce even some STD's in the mix which you have to explain to everyone else you talk to :).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:52 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Chavez wrote:
If there are some things you would have always wanted to see in SC2, or any other ideas, please say them here.

It seems your request is very wildly open to interpretation!

Thanks for the video! Graphics looked good with some good explosions and the missile mechanics looked awesome, I liked the way the homing ones would burn out but continue a little longer. The visible turing jets was also a nice touch. The Yehat-looking ship looked familiar, did you get it from the older Commodore 64 version?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:53 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Perhaps a long plot with Fwiffo, complete with romance options and countless other events, would be a nice addition, were Fwiffo to actually be a part of this.

...What? Fwiffo is awesome. If I were a female Spathi, I'd marry him for sure. I am neither female nor Spathi, though, so that option goes out the window (quote Trade Master Greenish "Now, provided your crew would stop putting their hands out the window,they would be much better protected against hostile lifeforms" - really, that quote just popped into my head there). Just saying.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:20 pm 
Hunam adventurer

I'd like to see in SC II something like XNA Melee: your AI Alliance teammate covers you, when you're trying to destroy a couple of enemies. =)
And different classes of ships for every race will be very cool: imagine Zoq-Fot-Pik Dreadnoughts and Battle Barges, for example.

Angelfish wrote:
An uncensored sex scene with talana would be nice. You know, that could be the whole plot of the game -- going from planet to planet fucking the most lovely alien women around. Melee fights with jealous exes/husbands, perhaps introduce even some STD's in the mix which you have to explain to everyone else you talk to :).

Huh, nice. ;D