Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

Whilst we're on the topic of table-top games that have been made, I might mention one I've been working on home-brewing for a while. It's essentially a more enhanced version of a game idea I interest-checked in *Heavy Space* a while back. For those who have not yet finished the game (that means you, Troglodyte), this may contain some spoilers, so be warned.

It takes place in the Star Control universe, a few years after the events of Star Control 2 and blatantly ignoring the Star Control game which never happened. Organon I has been colonised, the Mycon have been slave-shielded and the New Alliance of Free Stars have established themselves as the greatest power in known space. The Kzer-Za haven't been seen since their escape towards the Clouds of Magellan shortly after the Sa-Matra's destruction, and the Kohr-Ah's main armada is equally absent, with only a small group emerging every now and then. For the most part, everything seems to be... fine.

That is to say, until the Umgah decide to play the Alliance a little prank. Queue zombie apocalypse. The infection spreads across Organon I, enough so for the Alliance to quarantine the whole world via slave-shield. Regretfully, you are still on the inside. Stranded amidst the hordes of undead that now roam the streets, you must gather resources, deal with other survivors (whether violently or diplomatically) and avoid the risk of infection, all to survive another day. However, everything may not be lost. There may be hope for you yet...

Admittedly, it's not really done yet. I'm still fine-tuning the rules, and the item list needs to get a fair bit longer before I'm satisfied with the initial version. After that, I think I'll start some recruiting over on Roll20 where the game is kept, though of course if anyone here is interested (or just want a look) I'll be happy to invite you if you've got an account over there.

Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:03 am 
Arilou wiseguy

Sounds cool!