The Turning - New Race VI: Mala-Kasa

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

The Turning - New Race VI: Mala-Kasa

Post by kingschosen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 pm

The Aegis turned out ok. It's not exactly what I wanted because I think it looks too "boxy". Oh well... it all needs improvement anyway.

The Mala-Kasa suddenly appeared with the Keetron’s arrival to the Kessari Quadrant. It is thought that they are previous allies of the Keetron, and that they were brought to help aid The Turning. That is the only history that anyone knows. The Arilou are perplexed at the Mala-Kasa and the Keetron’s unexplained appearance, and the Arilou have stated that, “Their world is not our world. We can never go where they go or where they have been.”

As always, the Arilou seem to be hiding pertinent information from the League about the Keetron and Mala-Kasa, but, like before, the League trusts the judgment of the Arilou and does not press the issue.

Their appearance is ethereal but will actually coagulate into rocky flesh. They are a quiet race, and they almost seem passive and shy when they are not fighting alongside with the Keetron. From what the League can tell, they share similar traits with the Regothe: they are adamant guardians.

Their starship, the Aegis, is a bulky but moderately fast ship. It houses a modest crew, and it has a weak forward gun. The Aegis launches Bulwark Pods that will explode on contact and cause minor damage to an enemy hull. Once a pod is launched, it will continue to fly through space until the Mala-Kasa captain orders it to stop. The Bulwark Pod then, essentially, becomes a space mine. Unfortunately, these Pods are easy to avoid and they do little damage. Fortunately, the Mala-Kasa are not particularly concerned about using the pods as mines. When a second Bulwark Pod is launched and stopped, it immediately scans for an additional pod. When the two pods form a communication bond, they begin to link. A very powerful force field is generated between the two pods, and the “Bulwark” is established.

If a ship tries to pass through the force field, the energy barrier will not only slow the aggressor down, but it will also damage the ship with the energy discharge. When the energy link between the pods is broken, the pods will explode.

Last edited by kingschosen on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smoke353
Turnip Farmer

Re: New Race VI: Mala-Kasa

Post by Smoke353 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:01 am

Reminds me of the Clairconctlar.
I was here.

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:31 am

How so?

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:56 am

Well, it says that they manifest into a rock like creature and it also mentions that they are quiet and somewhat shy when not engaged in some sort of ritual combat to the death. Sounds an awful lot like Clairconctler to me...
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:57 am

Nuclear wrote:Well, it says that they manifest into a rock like creature and it also mentions that they are quiet and somewhat shy when not engaged in some sort of ritual combat to the death. Sounds an awful lot like Clairconctler to me...
Hmmm, I suppose.

However, the Clairconctlar are carbon-based flesh while the Mala-Kasa are ethereal (ghostly). When they choose to solidify, the ghostly rock congeals into a form. Their appearance would be vastly different from the Clairs.

Yes, they are shy like the Clairs, but the Keetron are more or less the talkers. The Mala-Kasa strictly fulfill the role as protectors for their Keetron brethren. And normal space battles are not ritual death combat... it's just... well... combat.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

I had to look at the name 3 times to make sure that it isn't some swear word in greek ;). But it isn't, you're 2 letters off :D.

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Angelfish wrote:I had to look at the name 3 times to make sure that it isn't some swear word in greek ;). But it isn't, you're 2 letters off :D.
lol, well I guess I better change it anyway.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Turning - New Race VI: Mala-Kasa

Post by oldlaptop » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:47 pm

The Aegis might be rather boring to fight with or against if it has very little offensive ability. Maybe make the force fields break down after taking a certain amount of damage?
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Re: The Turning - New Race VI: Mala-Kasa

Post by kingschosen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:16 pm

oldlaptop wrote:The Aegis might be rather boring to fight with or against if it has very little offensive ability. Maybe make the force fields break down after taking a certain amount of damage?
I thought about this too, that's why I added the destruction of the force field once the link is disrupted.

I also thought about them not having a lot of offensive ability; however, I remembered the Exquivan, and how the Enigma was a very original and fun ship to play despite having no offense at all. I guess the Aegis is more tactical and mobile Enigma.