Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: a fangame file later
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm 
Silly Supox

well this may not be good at first glance but i think it has POSSIBILITIES... :roll: but with that doubt out of the way this is the storyline of the 1 of 2 campaigns im planning.
CAMPAIGN #1 STORY: a timehole opens up (like in star control 3) and sucks you in (for an amount of time) you see...different aliens and you wonder..."BOY AM I GONNA STUDY THOSE!"...because...you WERE in your escape pod at the time and no-one (apart from the cutscene manager) was recording you, and so the star control 2 ending goes, then you tell whoever gets those earthling cruisers to build you a ship so you can investigate (hence why you pilot a different ship) and when you go through the timehole turns out you can't get back because the if a big ship goes through (like the precursor ship you piloted in star control 2) it can't get back and so you explore the nearest system and get ambushed by the not busiest race The Darkona (which are also EXTREMELY hostile so they attack you on sight) and your sorry butt gets saved by The Narva (please note that: The Narva, The Darkona and two more races The Miu and The Navuk are my first aliens) and more as you transverse the galaxy you meet some kind of ripoff aliens but not so much because IMAGINATION IS A FUEL AND IF YOU RUN OUT YOU WILL BE SAD.
and also combat but only 2 ships at the moment because GROUND FIGHTING! :o .

(no coder and WIP SO GREAT...(increased sarcasm)And apparently THE FILE TAKES TOO LONG...GREEEEEAAAAAT!)

just for the sake of it...heres the aliens transmission pictures but there are some missing (because i had to cut corners and have a max of 3 folders)
Attachment:
Compressed aliens 3.zip [229.76 KiB]
Downloaded 433 times
Attachment:
Compressed aliens 2.zip [238.83 KiB]
Downloaded 439 times
Attachment:
Compressed aliens.zip [242.5 KiB]
Downloaded 500 times

the person who totally is a person, not a robot, totally not a robot, nope, totally not a robot, you wont find metal in me, all flesh and organs, yep, i love breathing the O, what a wonderful life to live of being a person and not a robot,

Last edited by spathilowcouncil on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: a fangame file later
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:31 am 
Malfunctioning M:bot

A piece of advice: a lot of people come on here going "I have all these ideas for making a game. Someone code it for me please!" This won't happen. If you want to make a fangame you need to be able to put in a lot of the work yourself.

Or even better, if you have these skills go contribute to Project 6014. It's a fanmade sequel to UQM.

Quote:
CAMPAIGN #1 STORY: a timehole opens up (like in star control 3) and sucks you in (for an amount of time) you see...different aliens and you wonder..."BOY AM I GONNA STUDY THOSE!"...because...you WERE in your escape pod at the time and no-one (apart from the cutscene manager) was recording you, and so the star control 2 ending goes, then you tell whoever gets those earthling cruisers to build you a ship so you can investigate (hence why you pilot a different ship) and when you go through the timehole turns out you can't get back because the if a big ship goes through (like the precursor ship you piloted in star control 2) it can't get back and so you explore the nearest system and get ambushed by the not busiest race The Darkona (which are also EXTREMELY hostile so they attack you on sight) and your sorry butt gets saved by The Narva (please note that: The Narva, The Darkona and two more races The Miu and The Navuk are my first aliens) and more as you transverse the galaxy you meet some kind of ripoff aliens but not so much because IMAGINATION IS A FUEL AND IF YOU RUN OUT YOU WILL BE SAD.
and also combat but only 2 ships at the moment because GROUND FIGHTING! .

Okay. I don't know if I'm being really thick or just am extremely tired but I didn't understand any of that. Could you try to tell me that again, but perhaps laying out each plot point under each other in a cohesive order.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:28 pm 
Silly Supox

im not really asking like "I dont know how to code someone code it for me!" im more like "you can code it if your really generous..." other than that the storys dumb i know but something along those lines surely,

and for the sake of time I'll list ALL of the races/other "sentient's" (note that these names CAN be complicated):

The Narva
The Darkona
The Miu
The Navuk
The Bwarkuarvaliona
The Clarax
The Iona
The Kaio
The Karleva
The Kor
The Korbor
The Kravana
The Lev
The Mutated Quadra
The Nav-Aka-Io
The Nvuinish
The Pelk
The Plar
The Porquish
The Purilik
The Tanl
The Toruk
The Twarvikuaqanivok
The Vli
PROGRAM-Pwuravok
PROBE-81.PELK
Hybrid.Chinl
MIXINSPACE1
MIXINSPACE2
MIXINSPACE3
MIXINSPACE4
MIXINSPACE5

Thats all of them...now just mix that with all the races/"Sentient's in the star control series

the person who totally is a person, not a robot, totally not a robot, nope, totally not a robot, you wont find metal in me, all flesh and organs, yep, i love breathing the O, what a wonderful life to live of being a person and not a robot,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:44 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

here are some more race names for ya.

aweioqopa
qoweiqamnana
qeiqwzneoap
vuyvyyvora
theweamzneuik.

there. you can thank me in the credits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 pm 
Silly Supox

thanks imma use em' for the Mix in spaces
EDIT: the mix in spaces have now been deleted (off this post not the game) to be replaced with the recently edited mixinspace1 which is below.

Attachments:
ALIEN-AWEIOQOPAMESSED.png
ALIEN-AWEIOQOPAMESSED.png [ 251.85 KiB | Viewed 9276 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

spathilowcouncil wrote:
im not really asking like "I dont know how to code someone code it for me!" im more like "you can code it if your really generous..." other than that the storys dumb i know but something along those lines surely,

Eeeeeh, I hate to say it, but ideas are a dime a dozen. Everyone has ideas, even coders. They probably wouldn't be generous enough to want to spend hours working on someone elses ideas. And if they did, they'd want to contribute to something that already has some major progress, such as Project 6014.

And I'm pretty sure Angelfish was just trolling you :P-smf {sorry to blow your cover bro}

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 pm 
Silly Supox

im overly not bothered now, because eeh lets just think about it YEAH angelfish maybe trolling me but, troller trolled stuff eh?

I've figured out something...other than stopping it, update it like it WAS an actual game like an adopted baby or something, because im gimpin' some stuff to make some more improvements
its with the tanl because its usually a sentient water creature like the Owa from SC3 i thought to use gimp to enhance their water tub

Attachments:
ALIEN-TANLWATER.png
ALIEN-TANLWATER.png [ 50.52 KiB | Viewed 9270 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Malfunctioning M:bot

spathilowcouncil wrote:
im overly not bothered now, because eeh lets just think about it YEAH angelfish maybe trolling me but, troller trolled stuff eh?

I've figured out something...other than stopping it, update it like it WAS an actual game like an adopted baby or something, because im gimpin' some stuff to make some more improvements

Okay, wtf. I have no idea what you're talking about at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 pm 
Silly Supox

neither do i

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

My, how helpful.

Look, if you have zero confidence in your own ideas, why not save them and come back when you've fleshed them out to the point that you feel better about showing them to the world?