What Does Annoy You The Most In Super Meele?

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Re: What Does Annoy You The Most In Super Meele?

Post by ThriveDev » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Dabir wrote:
ThriveDev wrote:For me, its when i use Chensjeu broodhome, and crash into a planet. Broodhomes arent fast enough to get out of planets gravity, so i'm just stuck there, dying.
In SC3 that's true for basically all big ships. Hope you like fighters! But in SC3 the only ship worth anything was the Doog.
That explains why couldn't they travel through space! Their ships couldn't even get out of planets gravity! :lol:
*Sees quasispace portal* Yes! *Portal dissapears*

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

basically every opponent that's better than me ;).

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:58 am

Angelfish wrote:basically every opponent that's better than me ;).
Or faster :P

UltronUser25
Hunam adventurer

Post by UltronUser25 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:23 am

What annoys me the most? A computer high AI Arilou Skiff. Because it's damn near impossible to hit the little bugger unless you're flying a Chmmr.

Closely followed by a Slylandro when I have anything apart from an Earthling Cruiser, Chmmr or a Chenjesu. I find it hard to control and the micromanagement needed is where a computer is far better.

I have to disagree with the planet being a problem, in some fights it's my best friend (usually when dealing with a Pkunk or an Androsynth, if I can get into orbit, as they come around I can lay down a curtain of fire and hit the little bleeders, especially with a ship generally not as good against them). It can be fun when an Androsynth enters comet mode and goes into orbit (when it does the orbit, if I have a Yehat I can usually paste it easy!)

However, the rocks are a royal pain in the backside. More so if you are using a ship with a low fire rate like the Earthling Cruiser. "Here, mister-only-has-4-crew-left-Mycon..." Fire, boof, asteroid. Mycon regenerates and I'm out of battery.
The Ultron tells me I should wear my Mask of Toys for Bob Appreciation when playing Star Control 2.

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 am

UltronUser25 wrote: Closely followed by a Slylandro when I have anything apart from an Earthling Cruiser, Chmmr or a Chenjesu. I find it hard to control and the micromanagement needed is where a computer is far better.
Slylandros flanking is just to annoying!
The good thing is, AI rarely recharges battery from asteroids so once it's out of juice, just bombard it.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:57 pm

The most annoying thing for me is going into a match-up I know is going to take a very long time to finish. This is where the Awesome AI setting sometimes bugs me.

Yehat Terminator Vs. Spathi Eluder is a perfect example. If I'm flying as the Yehat, I know I'll eventually win, it's just going to be a tedious battle! The Spathi may get a few hits in if I'm not careful to micromanage my shield deployment. Usually I focus my strategy on quickly finding a planet to continuously fool the Spathi into missile range due to the gravity effect, whereas I often fail to activate the shields, opting to devote the entire battery to a full volley of pulse missiles to inflict maximum damage!

On the other hand, if I'm the Eluder it's even more annoying. I try to stay just out of range of the pursuing Yehat while firing in an unpredictable intermident pattern to successfully sneak the occassional missile past the impenetrable shield while it's temporarily disengaged. It works, but I'm left sitting there with a disinterested look on my face as I tap away at the fire button, jumping to the helm only after the rear-firing cannon inevitably collides with a planet; I'm forced to use evasive manuevers and perform the whole technique all over again!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:43 am

That one Pkunk which you have already killed ten times but just refuses to die, definitely.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Quasispatial wrote:That one Pkunk which you have already killed ten times but just refuses to die, definitely.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Quasispatial wrote:That one Pkunk which you have already killed ten times but just refuses to die, definitely.
Talk about bad luck! And you're left just screaming at the screen, "Just die already!"
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Speaking of bad luck, how about when the nuclear missile guidance system on the Earthling Cruiser seems to be on the fritz! Suddenly the Mycon Podship becomes the most elusive ship as missile after missile just speed on past. No, wait! The missile is circling around to make a second attempt. Never mind...it just ran out of fuel...and they've regenerated their crew. Helm, set a collision course for the planet, maximum impulse.