Star Control 1+2 plot holes

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Star Control 1+2 plot holes

Post by Nuclear » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:14 am

Even though it may be non-canon, in StarControl 3, it is said that the Chmmr did indeed "Free" the Spathi from the Ur-Quan slave shield {"You are now free!"}
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

cymon
Hunam adventurer

Post by cymon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Nuclear wrote:Even though it may be non-canon, in StarControl 3, it is said that the Chmmr did indeed "Free" the Spathi from the Ur-Quan slave shield {"You are now free!"}
What is this StarControl 3 you speak of? There is no StarControl 3. if there were IT'D BE CANON!

So in light of that I'm casting my vote for the Spathi were left under the slave shield. If there are to be any Spathi in the true Star Control sequel they would only be the black squadron. Which would be awesome.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Alvarin wrote:About the radio signals - don't forget, that the stars in normal space and stars in hyperspace have no direct correlation - meaning that some star that is relatively close to us in normal space, and thus having the radio waves reached it already, might be in far corner of hyperspace map, where the 'Quans could pick it up.
This is a really good point. For all we know what we call Sirius in Truespace is right by the Slylandro home system somewhere.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Not really a plot hole, but a miss - why nothing happens if you use the Sun Device on Supox homeworld?
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 am

Also, nothing happens if you use the Umgah/Buvixese Caster on any of the other slave shielded worlds.

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:47 am

It seems like something might have happened, but considering how little attention the Supox got during the creation process, I can't say I'm surprised.

The reason that the Chmmr were able to answer through the slave shield at all is because the Chenjesu were/are naturally sensitive to Hyperwave broadcasts. No other shielded race would be able to notice what little of the broadcasts were able to make it through a slave shield.

I imagine after a shield and starbase were set up for a given planet, once the Ur-Quan had gone, both planet and starbase would try frantically to make contact with the other, realize it wasn't working, and give up. Planet-side I would almost expect most other races to just shut off their receivers until such a time that the slave shield comes down. Otherwise they are just wasting energy on something that is yielding no benefit.

I now wonder if the Chenjesu's primary means of communication with one another was transmitted with Hyperwaves?

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Imagine making Hulks out of the Supox. GREEN POWER SMASH! Now that's a revision I'd love to see.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:04 pm

A plot hole: Whether or not you send the Thrddash off to the Kohr-Ah the two races are wiped out

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Whether that counts as a hole depends whether you count every unexplained event as a plot hole.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Here's one. It's spoilery...

How come, that when you aquire the Utwig bomb it doesn't take any cargo hold space, you can even pick it up without any even, but when Chmmr install it, the bomb itself, without the crystals, takes like 3~4 slots ?
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.