Stardock's CEO Brad is a Gamergate supporter and has written an article on the issue
. He's also did an interview at the Escapist
. <br abp="929"><br abp="930">Does this negatively or positively impact your feelings on the next Star Control? I'm just curious about everyone's opinions. <br abp="931"><br abp="932">Bonus: the tweet that haunts my nightmares:<br abp="933">
Lol, "I will do pretty much anything". Let's hope Brad can keep his pants on this time, cause we all know what Zoe does to get her way. God damn, so first Anita Sarkeesian is allowed to join the Dev team of Mirror's Edge 2, and now Zoe Quinn wants to work on Star Control 2? I pray to Odin she's just joking. Imagine: the return of the hideously ugly Syreen, Utwig moodiness multiplied a thousand fold, Kzer-Za and Kohr-Ah conflict turned into a social justice war in which all the races of the galaxy are force to choose sides. I would not pay money for that game, that's for damn sure. Politics aside, Zoe simply isn't a game dev. Her resume is severely lacking in that the only "game" she constructed was a shitty choose your own adventure written in HTML, which is exactly what I did as a middle school programming project. I'm equally, if not more so qualified, to be brought on board that dev team, according to Zoe. Trust me, you do NOT want me on that Dev team lol.
Anybody who has done any level of extensive research on the Gamergate issue will inevitably join the Gamer's side. For those not aware, the goals of Gamergate include, among other things:
* A strict level of transparency and ethical standards in game journalism
(The example here involves non gamer sites yes, but they are all owned by Gawker media, who also owns Kotaku, the biggest offender in Gamergate)
* The removal of political agendas and conflicts of interest from objective game reviews
* The treatment of women and minority groups as regular people and not political shields
* To stop the bullying, manipulation, and coercion of game Devs and journalists whom don't follow the proper political agenda
* To stop gaming websites from propagating the idea that all gamers are "Fat, smelly, white, cisgendered male Misogynists", or in one case, "Terrorists".
* To stop judges and game reviewers from sleeping with their own subjects.
* To stop the shameless censorship taking place on reddit and other websites involved with the issue, including this very forum perhaps. One of my posts related to Brad Wardell was actually deleted without any kind of notification or reason given.
* To stop the racketeering and rigged contests involving indie games
* To disband the game journalist cabal: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/09 ... -the-list/
and most important
* To get game journalists and other personnel to fess up and admit their mistakes instead of trying to escalate the issue to an irrelevant social justice cause.