Yehat vector images

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Yehat vector images

Post by dczanik » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 am

PatronGOP wrote:This is what the image looks like as a 24 color vector graphic. We can go as many colors as you like. If you are just looking for scalability we can go to thousands of colors and have a near match to the original.

If you can get dczanik's ok (have him post it here) let me know how many colors and I will send it to you as an SVG.
I give full permission for my stuff. If you're going to make t-shirts....can I have one? :)
Can I get the SVG too?
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

chenjesummrnmhrm
Hunam adventurer

Post by chenjesummrnmhrm » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:59 am

chenjesummrnmhrm wrote:I don't know. I wanted to get it done by a professional, but I ended up drawing it out with a permanent marker. I think I did a pretty good job.
here's a picture of me wearing it

nobody has recognized it so far. at least, nobody has told me they recognized it.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:02 pm

I dont see it :(
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Mike-Shewchuk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Mike-Shewchuk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:56 pm

VERY NICE INDEED! Put it on a black T with a pixelated Terminator just under the neck in the back and you've got gold.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:38 am

Some tutorial I saw (http://mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.in/2 ... ll-on.html) reminded me of this topic. Apparently there is software which can do this.
It's called Inkscape and it's available for free download over here: http://www.inkscape.org/en/ on windows, mac and linux.

I tried my luck with the yehat :)
Here's a quick example of what's possible. Keep in mind that these are just rough experiments but you can see wha'ts possible with this program :).