Toys For Bob site is devoid of Star Control...

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Toys For Bob site is devoid of Star Control...

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 am

http://www.toysforbob.com/

Is there any other Toys For Bob website somewhere that's better than this one????
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Toys For Bob site is devoid of Star Control...

Post by Angelfish » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 am

some japanese girl called yukki used to have a toys for bob fansite, but I think that one ceased to exist a long time ago.
We’ve made games for over 22 years now on every conceivable platform and have never worked harder and been more proud of anything we’ve ever done. In games and in life. Well, maybe those of us with children are a little more proud of them but Skylanders is a pretty close #2. Or maybe it’s a tie for #1 because to us, Skylanders is our baby.
Could someone hack that site and get this ridiculous text putting SC2 as #3 but not mentioning it, offline? ;)

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 pm

PROTEST!!!

SWVRoma
ZEXy Beast

Post by SWVRoma » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 am

It's been like that for awhile, sadly. For their Pokemon-esque game.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:32 am

I don't doubt that Skylanders is awesome. I do doubt that it's more awesome than Star Control. I also doubt it's as awesome as Pokemon... Pokemon is pretty darn awesome, too.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 pm

I'm not sure about that. The concept behind Skylanders seems awesomer than Pokemon, and in terms of innovation it sure beats either star control - Star Control 1 and 2 are each a high level of perfection in established genres. Skylanders entered some entirely new ground.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm

I can't fault TFB for being all about Skylanders right now, since it's their first really big hit. Everything else has been either cult hits, fairly obscure, or fairly forgettable licensed games until now, so Skylanders really is their big breakout game. Besides, that makes us the counterculture hipsters, who liked TFB before everyone else did. ;)-smf

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

As long as we don't say Skylanders and TFB suck now, we're not hipsters - just people with impeccable taste.

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah, I'd also noticed the lack of anything non-Skylander related on TfB's site and had an "Aw, where's Star Control?" moment. But Skylanders is huge in comparison to SC; I mean it's all over the stores here in SA whereas I don't think we got an official release of either of the Star Controls. Marketing wise I can't see many people going to the TfB website with intent to find out about Star Control. Anybody with an interest (i.e.: us) already knows the state of Star Control (or the Horde or whatever) so TfB don't gain much by adding 20 year old information.

Still it's a sad day to see it gone :'(-smf

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:21 am

Dragon wrote:Yeah, I'd also noticed the lack of anything non-Skylander related on TfB's site and had an "Aw, where's Star Control?" moment. But Skylanders is huge in comparison to SC; I mean it's all over the stores here in SA whereas I don't think we got an official release of either of the Star Controls. Marketing wise I can't see many people going to the TfB website with intent to find out about Star Control. Anybody with an interest (i.e.: us) already knows the state of Star Control (or the Horde or whatever) so TfB don't gain much by adding 20 year old information.

Still it's a sad day to see it gone :'(-smf
they didn't need to add anything, it was already there. They just decided to remove it because they apparently thought it would diminish the success of skylanders.
Basically this is a big FUCK YOU in the face of all the star control fans who have been there before TFB became successful :).