Progress in Star Control II

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Progress in Star Control II

Post by Dyandod » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

If you can get UQM working, it's well worth it.

Also, sorry that you encountered the game-changing bug when you were so far into the game :(
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

jello
Hunam adventurer

Post by jello » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 am

Sometimes being rude is a good thing.
I might fire the game up and see if I can figure it out.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm

When we say Mycon at Beta Brahe, we don't mean any random Mycon in the system. Find the planet that's special there. Plus, wouldn't it be Epsilon Scorpii, not Beta Brahe?

palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Death 999 wrote:When we say Mycon at Beta Brahe, we don't mean any random Mycon in the system. Find the planet that's special there. Plus, wouldn't it be Epsilon Scorpii, not Beta Brahe?
I did find a "special place" for the Mycon at Beta Brahe. The Mycon did their utmost to get me to leave there. I had the chance to speak two lines: "What is so special here?" and "OK, I will leave". I have also visited Epsilon Scorpii, which the Mycon told me was the source of the Juffo-Wup, whatever that means, but so far I haven't found the exact place in the system where it's supposed to be located.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Keep looking around, there. They'll give you the plot cookie you should have gotten from the Melnorme.

palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 am

OK, I found the source of the Juffo-Wup at Epsilon Scorpii, and was able to talk to the Mycon about something else than wishing peace or frying them in hot butter. They then attacked me, but I escaped from the battle, with very minor losses. Now when I went to Betelgeuse, I was able to ask Commander Talana if she knew anything about the Deep Children, and showed her my eggshell. She said they will analyse it, and if it turns out to be from the Mycon, "the Mycon shall pay dearly for their crimes".
I still haven't managed to find the creature Admiral ZEX wants, though.

jello
Hunam adventurer

Post by jello » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:10 pm

I dropped a hint earlier. I won't tell you exactly where but I'll hide a better hint below:

top centerish

palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm

jello wrote:I dropped a hint earlier. I won't tell you exactly where but I'll hide a better hint below:

top centerish
Is this supposed to be the eight-star constellation near the top of the starmap? Lyncis, but that means "lynx", and a lynx isn't a snake. Am I supposed to find an energy signature there? I travelled to every single planet there, but didn't find any.
Also, Commander Talana told me the Syreen would analyse the Mycon eggshells I showed them. How do I know when their analysis is complete?

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 pm

A long thin animal is not just a snake.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 am

You won't necessarily find an energy signature. Once you land on the right planet, you'll know...
Also, Commander Talana told me the Syreen would analyse the Mycon eggshells I showed them. How do I know when their analysis is complete?
Try checking back with them sometime :)
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod