Serving your race, where to do so?

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Serving your race, where to do so?

Post by BaVB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:51 pm

The Pkunk Fury is my choice. I love talking to the Pkunk, all the time. And besides, I'm great with Pkunk starships (and if I die I come back to life sometimes!)
Last edited by BaVB on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tuxedo Dolphin
ZEXy Beast

Post by Tuxedo Dolphin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks for the comments/replies.

Re: Syreen penetrators not breeding facilities. Yeah, I know, but I thought it was considered canon that 1) the Syreen had .. partnered with human crew on at least one occasion, with successful results, prior to the end of the first Ur-Quan war, and there are certainly frequent allusions to such matters in the conversation trees. 2) Also, regarding viability, that the Captain's children are ostensibly his and Talana's, and while we can't speak to their ability to have offspring themselves, they seem healthy in viable in the one end-sequence image we have of them.

Re: Pkunk reincarnation. I'd be surprised if there wasn't any fanfic on it, I'd love to see a good philosophical story on that perspective. I mean, spiritual or not, its an impressive trick!

zoq_fot_pik
ZEXy Beast

Post by zoq_fot_pik » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Hah, interesting question.

Best place to spend time would probably be a Supox ship, as lukipela mentioned, it would be very peaceful there. Second to that, the Pkunk and Zoq-Fot-Pik both seem like interesting companions.

Actually, it would be interesting to serve on the Precursor ship aswell. That one always goes to the limits of known space I suppose, since it's the most advanced one, and would probably have the most varied crew, members from all allied species. So my best choice would be a Supox ship stationed on the Precursor ship.

TSC
Silly Supox

Post by TSC » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:45 pm

If I was forced to be on a ship (And I fear I'd have to be forced) I'd pick a Chmmr Avatar, stay close to the captain and hope for the best. I doubt I'd be much good though, if any.

But maybe instead I could serve at the base as one of the egghead xenotechs. I think that'd be more something for me. Besides the alliance needs those too!