The Ur-Quan and their home world

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Re: The Ur-Quan and their home world

Post by BaVB » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 am

I myself think that the Ur-Quan were cliffhangers and mountain species, who separated themselves from each other and went down the cliffs and mountains to catch prey that lived in the surrounding forests. Then during mating season, well... the Ur-Quan males would be searching for those mating calls by the females and the males would run into one another, be killing each other, and then once a male got to the female, that they fought for a short amount of time, and if they both survived at the end, then of course you know. Once the larva came, the female and male would separate and leave. When the larva hatched, there would be nine dead bodies and one immature Ur-Quan remaining, which would take it's hatching place as it's territory and have a quite short childhood.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:46 am

I like Bavb's description. It hits home for some reason...

TSC
Silly Supox

Post by TSC » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd say a big jungle planet with gigantic trees strong enough to support a Quan. And teeming with life, but dangerous life. In the sense that an unprotected human would be very quickly eaten by something, and a standard, non-Melnorme improved planetlander would be demolished just as fast.

The planet might not be around anymore though, and if it is it's no longer inhabited, since the Quans are nomadic.