This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:26 am

Howdy folks! I noticed quite a few of you are without avatars. While we've been letting everyone upload their own avatars to the board, I guess that is really only good if you have Star Control or other images lying around.

To make it easier for you to use some fun avatars, we've now enabled the avatar gallery on the board. Go to your user control settings (Starbase), choose "Profile" and then "Edit Avatar". The very last option in the menu is now "Local Gallery". Click "Display Gallery" for some Star-Controlly goodness.

Notice how some of it is artful and tasteful and comes in several variations? Big thanks go out to Alana who not only graciously provided us with most of these avatars (the others were on the old board) but compiled them for me and sent them to me in a handy package. They were originally made for livejournal, but I think they'll do well here as well. Also Frumple is definitely worth some credit on this one, not just for enabling the gallery but for straightening out a couple of rather big mistakes I made in my assumptions. Rock on fearless leader!

Also, this is the first time I get to use the "Announcement" tag! How exciting. I've changed my own avatar to show you how easy it is and now I'm off for summer vacation. You guys have fun!

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Avatars! Loads of them!

Post by Nuclear » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:10 am

Heh, so now all of you semi-anonymous users have no reason to not have an avatar ;)-smf
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Alana
ZEXy Beast

Post by Alana » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Gah, so many of them look so old and amateur now. If you want me to make more, just say the word, Luki! (Or anyone else can say the word, too. I am aware that there are like ten billion VUX ones, so if there is want of some more variation!)

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Wow! Nice work! (Most of) those look great!

Thankfully, there are no Professor Zorg avatars! My uniqueness is thus assured!

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Unless someone decides to rip it and upload as his own!
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:43 am

Pah! I'd sue 'em! Than I'd abuse my mod powers and ban 'em! Then I'd kick their dog, have sex with their girlfriend, and piss on their rug!

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:03 am

About bloody time. I'm far too busy and important to organise my own avatar...
Big thanks go out to Alana who not only graciously provided us with most of these avatars
This made me very nervous for a while...

cymon
Hunam adventurer

Post by cymon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:44 pm

zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy

Post by zenzmurfy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:39 am

cymon wrote: Image Image Image
My favorite pic too :) Thanks for reminding me of the pic! Gotta make a painting of that or something someday.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Alana wrote:Gah, so many of them look so old and amateur now. If you want me to make more, just say the word, Luki! (Or anyone else can say the word, too. I am aware that there are like ten billion VUX ones, so if there is want of some more variation!)
Word. More avatars can't hurt.
Bleeding Star wrote:About bloody time. I'm far too busy and important to organise my own avatar...
Here at SCDB we're all about helping our prominent members with these little chores guv!
cymon wrote:Avatars
thanks! i'll look into putting a few of those in once I'm back from vacation as well.