Spathiwa's Ruler

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Spathiwa's Ruler

Post by Rezzoplis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm brainstorming this, Does Spathiwa has a Queen/King? Because i'm going to use that Idea for Species 72.
PS: Also, do Spathis come in Different colors other than Green?
SUPRISE AND TERROR!

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Spathiwa's Ruler

Post by Angelfish » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:09 pm

spathi also come in purple ;)

Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Post by Rezzoplis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Yeah, i saw it in SC1. But what if Spathi come in Blue, too? Since Niffiwan is Blue, and Niffiwan is the Queen of Spathiwa. ( BTW. Captain Nargle's Eluder is carrying Niffiwan, before Captain Nargle got attacked by a Black Spathi Dagger. No, Niffiwan isn't dead. She hopped on The Proximity. )
SUPRISE AND TERROR!

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Spathi have ruling council - the safe ones.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I wonder if they're really in charge. Since leaders make juicy targets, if I was the top spathi with the paranoia to match, I'd be anonymous. I would govern by proxy through a gang of poor sods I would give every appearance of power (by calling them the High Ruling Council, Safe Ones and so forth).
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 pm

That's an interesting point I had never considered before, but makes perfect sense. Though that's a pretty deep rabbit hole if you really start to think about it: how deep do the layers of shadow governments controlling shadow governments do you have to go before the real leader actually feels safe enough (because what if a scary alien actually manages to discover your clever ruse and finds the shadow government that controls the Safe Ones? You would need another layer of shadow government to make sure you were still safe. But what if they discover the second layer?...)? And at what point are you buried so deep that, while you feel totally safe, your decisions take so long to move up the ranks of shadow governments that you have no actual power anymore? Do any Spathi actually have the ambition to rule, or is that feeling of safety really all that they want anyway?

Anyway, purple Spathi actually originate from SC3, so take that as you like in terms of its canonicity. But they were all green in SC1 and 2.

Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Post by Rezzoplis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Come to think of it, i made up this Spathi Goverment.

Safe Ones/Spathi High Council>The Grand Spathiwa Leauge>King/Queen Of Spathiwa
SUPRISE AND TERROR!

Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Post by Rezzoplis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Sorry for a Double Post, but..
The Colors of a Spathi!
Green - Normal
Purple - Sort of Normal
Orange - Sort of Rarish
Red - Rarish
Yellow - Sort of Rare
Pink - Rare
Sea Green - Sort of Very Rare
White - Very Rare
Ercu - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecru_(color) Sort of Extremely Rare
Blue - Extremely Rare
SUPRISE AND TERROR!

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Draxas wrote:That's an interesting point I had never considered before, but makes perfect sense. Though that's a pretty deep rabbit hole if you really start to think about it: how deep do the layers of shadow governments controlling shadow governments do you have to go before the real leader actually feels safe enough (because what if a scary alien actually manages to discover your clever ruse and finds the shadow government that controls the Safe Ones? You would need another layer of shadow government to make sure you were still safe. But what if they discover the second layer?...)? And at what point are you buried so deep that, while you feel totally safe, your decisions take so long to move up the ranks of shadow governments that you have no actual power anymore? Do any Spathi actually have the ambition to rule, or is that feeling of safety really all that they want anyway?
Well, ideally you make sure your shadow government doesn't know that they are just puppets. That's a pretty amusing idea I guess. It's the ultimate blen of democracy and single rulership - every Spathi is invovled in one shadow government and they all think that they are in charge, whereas in reality no one is since they're all taking orders from each other. Everyone knows the Safe Ones are just stooges, except the Safe Ones who believe they are incharge and they are simply tricking everyone (through layers of shadow networks) to think that they are stooges. That gives me some writing ideas.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Somehow, it does have to come down to some Spathi being sent into danger, and others not. The former will have some trouble concluding that they're in charge.