The Orz Nemesis

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: The Orz Nemesis

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:32 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've found myself in the middle of the Doctrinal Conflict, and so I felt it was a good time to test my pair of Nemeses up against a fleet of Marauders. I also picked up this transmission as our Orz pair approached the Kohr-Ah:

Orz - "Do you want to see our surprising *toys*? Orz are find you! You are showing that you are not *happy campers* and so Orz cannot have the *party*. Is it time for *playing* yet?"

Kohr-Ah - "We did. You did. Yes we can. No."
2 Awesome Cyborg Orz Nemeses (2 x 23 = 46 points)
Vs.
14 Awesome Cyborg Kohr-Ah Marauders (14 x 30 = 420 points)
Orz gets 1 kill worth 30 points.

ANALYSIS: The Orz launched as many Space Marines as possible towards the Kohr-Ah ship. Unfortunately, it also decided it would be a good idea to follow the marines closely behind, which brought the partially-crewed Nemesis into range of the Marauders weapons, and it was destroyed before the attacking marines could deplete the Kohr-Ah crew down to 2/3 capacity. The 2nd Nemesis had better luck; it maintained a better distance when unleashing the marines, and they finished off the first Kohr-Ah. The 2nd Marauder entered, and the Nemesis released as many marines as possible, leaving itself with only 3 crew. After the marines were eliminated (many of which were destroyed by either the FRIED maneuver or blades) the Kohr-Ah ship still had over half of its crew and was continuing to fire it Spinning Blades, and the Orz attempted to retaliate by firing the Howitzer Cannon, but they were finished by a blade that landed ahead of their path, and then it veered into the Nemesis to cause its destruction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Forgot to change from UQ Dreadnoughts to Kohr-Ah
Last edited by The Troglodyte on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:54 pm

That was an oddly unequal force you gave them. Why only 3?

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Death 999 wrote:That was an oddly unequal force you gave them. Why only 3?
Do you mean 2? I only keep a pair in my fleet, so I wanted to test them against a fleet of Marauders. It's also a quicker battle, which makes it easier to record the results. Would you like for me to try it again with a full fleet of 14 for both sides? Just say the word! (not to be confused with "the Words") ;)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:51 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"*Extra sick fish* need *special training* for extra *fun*. We will have a *happy party* now."
I forgot all about the Zoq-Fot-Pik! Well, since I found their homeworld, I thought to myself, "Self, what would happen if a pair of Orz ships decided to attack the ZFP home planet?"
2 Awesome Cyborg Orz Nemeses (2 x 23 = 46 points)
Vs.
Unlimited Awesome Cyborg ZFP Stingers (z x 6 points each)
Orz gets 3 kills worth a whopping 18 points.

ANALYSIS: This went terribly bad for the Orz, who I thought would fair better against the ZFP. They unleashed their Space Marines, but the Stingers are far too maneuverable for the rocket-pack patrol to be any immediate threat; as long as they maintained their distance, the Stingers could turn around and fire their dispersement* of antimatter spray to puncture the Orz's space suits one-by-one until the marginal threat was eliminated. The Orz could get in their shots with the Howitzer Cannon every once in a while, but in the end, they'd run out of additional space troops to deploy (which slowed down the fight significantly :| ), and the Stinger fleet took down (eventually :roll: ) the Nemesis duo before even a dent could be put in their planetary guardians.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*I checked, and even though dispersement isn't an official word, I think it should be, and this is how it would be used properly IMHO.