IDF Reasearch Has Begun Indeed

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: IDF Reasearch Has Begun Indeed

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Uh-oh! It looks like if you go from Wise Pkunk, to Great Pkunk, and then all the way to Amazing Pkunk, you become "TOO GOOD! TOO GOOD!", which means you circle all the way around to pure evil! Oops!

Huh, and I thought I had done a sufficient enough of a job doing little bad and annoying things to prevent this from happening, but it looks like I've just gotten too perfect after all! ;D-smf
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm

So now I'm an Ilwrath torturer... and while many would consider (and probably rightly so) that this means I'm an Ilwrath and my occupation is torturing, I prefer to think that I'm in all actuality one who has been assigned the specific task of torturing Ilwraths! :twisted:
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:13 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:So now I'm an Ilwrath torturer... and while many would consider (and probably rightly so) that this means I'm an Ilwrath and my occupation is torturing, I prefer to think that I'm in all actuality one who has been assigned the specific task of torturing Ilwraths! :twisted:
Honestly I don't really think that there is much of a difference there.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Quasispatial wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:So now I'm an Ilwrath torturer... and while many would consider (and probably rightly so) that this means I'm an Ilwrath and my occupation is torturing, I prefer to think that I'm in all actuality one who has been assigned the specific task of torturing Ilwraths! :twisted:
Well, in the first scenario I'm an Ilwrath torturing Hu-mans, in the 2nd I'm a human torturing Ilwraths! >:D-smf

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:43 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:
Well, in the first scenario I'm an Ilwrath torturing Hu-mans, in the 2nd I'm a human torturing Ilwraths! >:D-smf
Not necessarily, as an Ilwrath torturer could also be an Ilwrath who tortures other Ilwrath. See, it all fits together.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Quasispatial wrote:Not necessarily, as an Ilwrath torturer could also be an Ilwrath who tortures other Ilwrath. See, it all fits together.
Oh, it all makes sense now! ;)

It would seem the Ilwrath will stop at nothing to please their gods, Dogar and Kazon! Even if that means torturing each other!
Yikes! :o-smf

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:24 pm

For some strange reason, after Reborn Shofixti, at 550 posts your title becomes "Oh the shame!" so it's got me thinking there must be a connection between "Reborn Shofixti" and "Yehat Revolutionist", since it proved to be the case with the different titles associated with the Androsynth and Orz. My reasearch shall continue...whilst I endure the shame!

EDIT: "Down with Queenie!" at 555. *Has Civil War* at 560.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 pm

It just dawned on me, is using the word "M:bot" just an easy substitution for Mhrnmhrm?

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 am

I suppose it wouldn't fit very well otherwise. Although, being entirely honest, it could also mean a bot which says 'M'. Like the knights of ni, in a way.
Ni. Ni. Ni ni ni.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Quasispatial wrote:Like the knights of ni, in a way.
Ni. Ni. Ni ni ni.
I like it!
Agh!! No, he said it again!
Agh! Now I said it!
Agh!!!