Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:10 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

So, I wonder where the hideout is....
Surely the small craft of Tanaka will not be the rebirth place of the Shofixti. Surely not enough room aboard?

Will he need medical aid? He is aged, and his heart may not take all that... "action" well.

Where could you get information about that?

Anyway. Interesting story arc done so far. Caught an abnormally dangerous beast, destroyed a Vux base, reunited the last male Shofixti with the last female Shofixti.....

And sending the Pkunk back again?
Or what will you do now?

Continue the quest of - to be edited once I checked this will not be spoiler....
[edit]check done, found here
- Talana?
Recheck for new info from the ZFP?
Try to tap the secret sources of the Melnorme?
Meet new alien races?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

Well, with the Spawner, the sector is his oyster now. Follow your favorite lead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

krulle wrote:
Surely the small craft of Tanaka will not be the rebirth place of the Shofixti. Surely not enough room aboard?

Well, I wouldn't be so certain about that! After all, countless numbers of human conceptions have been taking place in the backseats of small crafts for a long time!

krulle wrote:
Will he need medical aid? He is aged, and his heart may not take all that... "action" well.

I'm sure he'd be content to die a happy Shofixti!

krulle wrote:
And sending the Pkunk back again?
Or what will you do now?

Yes, when I first discovered QuasiSpace and its wonderful unidirectional wormholes, I used it to my advantage by waiting until the last few days before the Pkunk reached Gamma Serpentis to meet their end and so I intervened. Therefore, they are currently in the Gorno constellation returning home in Gamma Krueger, where I predict they will spend the next few months unpacking their bags, followed a few additional months of repacking their bags and setting out for their Yehat trip again, but next time I won't be able to stop them with petty excuses!

krulle wrote:
Talana?
Recheck for new info from the ZFP?
Try to tap the secret sources of the Melnorme?
Meet new alien races?

Hmmm… so heres the choices you've presented me: The Melnorme, from whom I've already bought everything from and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of where or how to begin infiltrating their collective network… or seek out unknown alien guys who may or may not try to kill me… or visit the Zoq-Fot-Pik, a cute little race who likes to travel in triplets and play Frungy, but also reside within the hazardous confines of one giant battlefield… OR… go see hot, sexy scantily clad blue women, one of which I think likes me. The choice is obvious:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Aug 28, 2157 - HyperSpace {593.7 : 393.7} - Yellow Alert

We left the Delta Gorno System and I immediately activated the Quasi Portal before the probe (or Pkunk) could enter range of our ship, and we set course for the 5th portal, which put us on the upper righthand side of the Camelopardalis Constellation, and significantly near to our destination, Epsilon Camelopardalis.

We have set course for the Syreen Vault at Epsilon Camelopardalis I-A. There are no bogeys currently on long-rang sensors, but, as a precaution, we are going to Yellow Alert since we know Ur-Quan activity will likely increase in the vicinity soon once they’ve detected our presence. Captain out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log – Aug 30, 2157 – Epsilon Camelopardalis I-A – Yellow Alert

We found the Syreen vault right where we left it (in another timeline). We dispatched the Syreen Shuttle to the surface, and their Space Patrol officers have assumed command of their Syreen Penetrators and have instructed us to rendezvous with them back at Betelgeuse, but this time we should be a much better position to avoid the Ur-Quan battleships when we depart the system and head out towards Betelgeuse. Using the Quasi Portal Spawner should be unnecessary, but we will keep it on standby, just in case we need to make a speedy getaway if Ur-Quan contact becomes imminent.

We have set course for Betelgeuse, and the swifter Syreen fleet has already moved out far ahead of us. Boy those ships are fast! Hopefully we’ll get one of our own very soon! Zelnick out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:06 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

I remember that part.
I regretted for a long time, that I had no savepoint strategically placed.... :(

Anyway, sounds like you're closing another story lead. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:18 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Captain’s Log - Sep 9, 2157 – Betelgeuse 1 - Syreen Starbase - Status: Green

We left the Epsilon Camelopardalis System, but our recent entry into this sector, along with the recent departure of the Syreen fleet, had alerted our presence to the two opposing Ur-Quan forces, and many a bogey of each began showing up as we moved away from the system.

Several groups of ships were on intercept courses as we flew towards Betelgeuse, and as some began to approach an intersecting of our ship, I almost ordered the helm to switch over to manual mode to avoid the incoming vessels, but fortunately keeping it on auto-pilot was sufficient to get us past their slower Ur-Quan ships, which lagged behind in pursuit in our flagship’s fairly large rearview mirrors.

After our brief evasion of possible trouble and destruction, it was smooth sailing for the remainder of our journey to Betelgeuse. We approached the Starbase and were greeted by Commander Talana as Syreen Penetrator ships streamed alongside, still pouring into the base’s shipyards and drydocks.

Needless to say, sweet Talana was well pleased, but I must say, she didn’t sound so sweet as she described their plans for revenge against the Mycon… plans I might add that our going to heavily involve us:

She wants us to go to the Mycon and tell them of a water-covered, oxygen-rich, mantle-keeping world in Organon, which they learned about when the Ur-Quan were searching for a proper world replacement for the Syreen, and this particular one was a top candidate.

I remembered that we’ve actually been to this system before, almost a year back when we ventured down to the outside southern region of Mycon-occupied space. (jump to page here) The only curious thing is… the innermost planet didn’t seem like that much of a big deal; a Telluric world with class 4 weather to contend with, but I suppose its most important qualities were in its planetary conditions moreso than its life and vegetation content. In fact, as far as having life is concerned, its only moon, an Azure world with its own weather and tectonic issues, was the only world containing lifeforms.

Then, they plan to be waiting in hiding nearby and ambush the Mycon as they arrive to implant their Deep Children to (anti-)terraform the planet to their liking. I would like to return to Starbase to meet with Commander Hayes and company to hash out a strategic operation to execute this mission effectively to aid the Syreen.

However, knowing the challenges that will be faced by our crew, I decided to authorize a brief shore leave aboard the Syreen Starbase, which allowed me some time to get away for a little while and spend some time with Talana. Ha-ha! And I say a little while, since I only allowed a half-day’s rest for the crew before we prepared to reembark on our voyage home, but let’s just say using the benefits of the time portal came in very handy… and I may have put some extra miles on the loyal, faithful device as I repeated the day several times to uh, er… gather additional dialogue. Diplomatic relations are in good order, to say the least.

We’ve set course for home and are awaiting the rest of the fleet to signal they are ready for departure, but we’ll need to address our fuel situation soon, since we’re down to 29 units remaining, but our navigator has calculated we’ll have enough for a portal spawn and from the exit point to Sol. Captain out.
*********WARNING: The following has material is only meant for the most mature members of our audience. *********

******** Viewer discretion is advised. ***********

Captain’s Diary – Sep 9, 2157:

Dear Diary,

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY! LEVEL 5 CLEARANCE REQUIRED! IN OTHER WORDS, EYES OFF PERVERT!!! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

End of Diary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:35 pm 
Orz *camper*

That's some XXX rated content, there. :o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:45 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Tormuse wrote:
That's some XXX rated content, there. :o

:? I just hope I don't get banned for the extra provocative material! I regret nothing!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:19 am 
ZFP Peacekeeper

I think it was more accurate before you lift the spoiler blocks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 am 
Arilou wiseguy

This game and scene hit me right in puberty.
I remember it so well.

Anyway, the crew is singing happy songs about a Talana and a Troglodyte. Something about getting married and having kids.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:01 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

krulle wrote:
This game and scene hit me right in puberty.
I remember it so well.

You know, it’s funny… I became very self-conscious about my wife in the other room as the darkened room script began, and I suddenly felt the need to turn Talana’s volume level down, and a sense of guilt would occasionally brush over me while I explored and typed out the dialogue, almost as if I was getting away with something and needed to keep it a secret.

(Meanwhile...)
Captain’s Log - Sep 15, 2157 - Earth Starbase - Status: Docked

We arrived back at Starbase less than a week later, but there wasn’t anything new from Commander Hayes. He looked at me confused when I started searching our shipyards high and low as if I was overlooking something and asked, “Were you expecting somebody?”… Well, I had kinda hoped that perhaps my new girlfriend would’ve sent over some of their commanding officers and spaceship schematics so we could add some of their Penetrator vessels to our fleet, but my guess is they need the entirety of their forces for their ambush of the Mycon whenever I convince them to proceed to Organon.

Speaking of which, since there’s not much we can accomplish here, I’m going to use the time portal to put me back in Betelgeuse (I have a “special” time portal slot just for the occasion!) and we can conduct our mission briefing there on the Syreen Starbase. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - Sep 9, 2157 - Syreen Starbase - Status: Green

We are now ready to proceed with our mission of helping the Syreen defeat the Mycon by convincing them to travel to Organon, where they will be expecting to find a lush, beautiful planet ready to be turned into a hot steaming bowl of mushroom lava soup, but instead they shall find a vast fleet of Syreen Penetrator ships ready to pounce and obliterate them!

I’m not really sure how to proceed, especially once we’ve moved forward with the plan, so we’ve mapped out the initial steps and then we’ll proceed accordingly, making any necessary adjustments on the fly.

Step 1 - Get fuel. We’ll venture outside of the system and use the Umgah ’Caster to summon the Melnorme. Sounds easy enough, but when we used the portal spawner on our return back to base, I briefly noticed several bogeys homing in on our position from the upper right region; undoubtedly the same Ur-Quan ships that followed us all the way from Epsilon Camelopardalis. Therefore, if necessary, we’ll move away from Betelgeuse to make sure we’re well away from the Ur-Quan border and await the Melnorme’s arrival.

Step 2 - Once we’re refueled, we’ll activate the QuasiSpace Portal Spawner and use the 11th portal to put us near the Sculptor Constellation at coordinates {567.3 : 120.7} and move towards Mycon space.

Step 3 - Then hopefully all we’ll need to do is flag down the nearest Mycon ship and send them the message. I hope they will understand us and respond in an appropriate fashion… I mean, they’re kind of weird with all their talk of Juffo-Wup and whatnot!

Step 4 - ??? If we’re able to somehow convince the Mycon to head on down to Organon, then what? Should we wait and see what happens? Should we follow them and maybe even help the Syreen fleet in battle? Should we return to Betelgeuse and wait there? I guess we’ll see how things unfold and cross that bridge when we get to it.

We shall proceed with the mission. We are setting course for the outside of Betelgeuse. Captain out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next