Syreen

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

JamesMace50567
I'M ALIVE!

Syreen

Post by JamesMace50567 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 am

Do you think there are fat Syreen? Do you think the Syreen can get fat?

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Syreen

Post by Angelfish » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 am

America, fuck yeah! All syreen look like that over there ;).

Kwayne
Hunam adventurer

Post by Kwayne » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Biologically, the Syreen are basically human, so there is a possibility. Personally I'm okay with it because "why not?" It doesn't have to be an issue of overeating, after all there are no fat Earth women either, they all just have endocrine disorder.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Kwayne wrote:Biologically, the Syreen are basically human, so there is a possibility. Personally I'm okay with it because "why not?" It doesn't have to be an issue of overeating, after all there are no fat Earth women either, they all just have endocrine disorder.
Is this a joke?

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 am

I guess Moosey was present at the Organon ambush. It would have been such a shame to waste all these delicious mushrooms...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:14 am

It was probably a bad idea to have them all fried in butter though!
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Kwayne
Hunam adventurer

Post by Kwayne » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:28 pm

chenjesuwizard wrote:
Kwayne wrote:Biologically, the Syreen are basically human, so there is a possibility. Personally I'm okay with it because "why not?" It doesn't have to be an issue of overeating, after all there are no fat Earth women either, they all just have endocrine disorder.
Is this a joke?
More like sarcasm. Comes from experience, meant to be exaggerative.

Mike-Shewchuk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Mike-Shewchuk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Syreen have some biological differences from humans, one of which may be obesity genes. But outside of genetics, the Syreen culture is existence in space on starships, and is decidedly militarily structured, because if we learned anything from "Maid of Honor" "Astronauts are military". Following the cataclysm of Syra, doubtless programs were enacted to ration food supplies. With resources ever in demand, a Syreen that's getting fatter and fatter would not go unnoticed.

Ergo, CAN Syreen get fat? Perhaps.
DO they get fat? Likely not.

Steve-O
Hunam adventurer

Post by Steve-O » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Mike-Shewchuk wrote: Ergo, CAN Syreen get fat? Perhaps.

Maybe they're ALL super-fat and just use their mad psychic powers to make us THINK they're not. They do have the psychic ability to attract the males of ANY species. Part of that would surely be making themselves appear attractive based on whatever qualities the species in question places value in.

Seriously, though, I'd be inclined to believe that Syreen come in all the same shapes and sizes as humans.

I would agree with the idea that supplies were probably rationed while they were living in the fleet (before the Ur-Quan gave them a planet to live on.) However, being fat doesn't always equate to overeating. There are also genetic factors that contribute to our body shapes, so I don't believe that they're all supermodels just because they needed to ration food for a few generations.

The game(s) put the focus on the hot ones because that's the trope they fill in the storyline.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Steve-O wrote:
Mike-Shewchuk wrote: Ergo, CAN Syreen get fat? Perhaps.

They do have the psychic ability to attract the males of ANY species.
the males of any species? they can get the entire ship's crew except the captain ;). so either the crew of these ships is all male, or they attract females/whatevers aswell.