Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:13 am

All times are UTC

Where would you rank the Yehat Terminator?
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
8 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: The Yehat Terminator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Let’s talk about the Yehat Terminator! One my personal faves! What are your opinions of this craft’s worthiness in battle? How about its weapons and defenses and overall ship design?

As most, if not all, people around here are already familiar with fact that I’m currently playing the game and have not completed it yet, so please spoiler mark any pertinent in-game materials.[/standard spoiler disclaimer remark]

also

I’m also sure that most of you are expecting me to begin my own analysis of pitting the cyborg Yehat fleet against the rest of the available ships, but that usually causes me to stop down my game for quite a while, and I feel like I’m on somewhat of a roll, so for now, (even though this will undoubtedly create resistance from our many members who I anticipate will repeatedly insist that I drop everything and enter the simulation chamber and refuse to leave until the research is completed) I’m only going to be conducting simulations of potential battles that may be upcoming in my game; in particular the Ur-Quan and the Kohr-Ah. Any additional insights in how best to handle the tougher foes like these would be greatly appreciated.

also

As far as the poll is concerned, please feel free to include why you ranked the Terminator at its given spot (eg. Tell us why the Chmmr Avatar is better, etc.) and if your ranking is beyond 10 (heaven forbid) please choose 10 as your response. (in which case ye best be explainin’ yurself! Awk!)

Post subject: Re: The Yehat Terminator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm 
Wise Pkunk

It's easy to handle, easy steering.
Drains the battery extremely fast when shielding....
(prolonge your shielding by tapping the shield, not keeping it pressed. the shield time is actually longer than restart time of shield, so you can save a tad of battery that way, while not opening the shield considerably, if not in the lasers of VUX or Chmmr)
Never been my favourite, too slow, too short range.
But devastating if close enough to the enemy (use the Leyland gravity whip).

All around, strong against smaller enemies, but long range ships, with decent acceleration, can take it down, except for Human Cruiser, which weapon is simply... rubbish** against the Terminator. (And if they cannot take it down, they can make it a very long fight, until the shield timing failures takes the Terminator down.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 Yehat Terminators (14 × 23 = 322 pts.)
Vs.
14 Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts
(14 × 30 = 420 pts.)

Ur-Quan wins with 1 remaining Dreadnought! (Yehat wins pointwise by 68 points!)
Approximate battle time: 7 minutes
Dreadnought fighters deployed: Lots

ANALYSIS: For the most part, considering the way that both ships under computer control conduct their battle affairs, this was a fairly even match-up, and had the chips fallen just a little to the side of luck, then the Yehat may have very well won the battle outright, instead of their hollow victory of winning by points. The main problem for the Yehat was not the Dreadnought, but rather her fighters; The Terminator’s Pulse Cannons are more than a match for the unprotected fighter, and a rat-a-tat-tat of these space machine guns could easily take out a good score of fighters when positioned head-on, and then their shields would provide adequate protections as they switched their focus and charged in and unleashed their assault to cripple the Dreadnought, sometimes down to the point where they were unable to release any more crew into fighter ships, and was rendered a big vulnerable target for the Terminator to finish off during their second strafe attack. It was once the fighters managed to maneuver around the line of fire that would quickly begin spelling trouble for the Yehat, who would then become in a position of constantly using all of their energy to try to keep the shields up while desperately turning around to eliminate the dangerous intrusion, but even moreso than the prospect of getting sliced into bits by numerous tiny lasers, the distraction also gave the Ur-Quan an opportunity to move in and heap loads of destructive Fusion Bolts onto the hull of the Yehat, whereas the constant fluctuation of the shields allowed some of the blasts to get through, and it didn’t take very many of which to obliterate the Yehat vessel. A very back and forth, somewhat entertaining battle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

14 Yehat Terminators (14 × 23 = 322 pts.)
Vs.
14 Kohr-Ah Marauders
(14 × 30 = 420 pts.)

Kohr-Ah wins with 6 remaining Marauders!
Approximate battle time: 6 minutes
Shield usage: Poor
F.R.I.E.D. used causing destruction: 0

ANALYSIS: Honestly, I don’t even get it. The Yehat really underperformed in this one. Both ships moved directly towards the other, and the Marauder would fire early enough for the Spinning Blade to hit the Terminator before it could enter weapons’ range of its Pulse Cannons, to which the Yehat ship simply ignored the blade as it sliced into their hull, killing some Yehat crew! Ridiculous! It didn’t get much better from there folks; they would raise their shields as each ship would bounce off the other’s nose and the shields absorbed the plasma ring blast, but then it seemed as if the Yehat dedicated so much of their power into pumping as many twin cannon shots into the opposing Marauder that they would often times continue to count the blade attacks as unworthy of being blocked, almost as if their damage was miniscule or something, which it certainly was not, and the repeated unblocked attacks took down the Yehat much more quickly than had they been utilizing their shields instead of acting as if their chief engineer was frantically busy trying to repair their shield grid unit or something to that effect. Pitiful.