Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95
 Post subject: Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:01 am 
Arilou wiseguy

Interesting. I indeed have heard of the "Skiff reward" not being activated if there is no room, and saved for a later point in game. I just forgot about it.
You now know that receiving the Arilou, the Pkunk [1] and the ZFP ships trigger differently. The Arilou trigger at the StarBase, while the ZFP triggered by saving their homeworld. The Pkunk are just time-triggered.
But I have to shut up now, I already deleted an elaboration that might be considered spoilerish, and I wish to refrain from gibing direct spoilers.

[1]: Yes, I specifically searched whether you've received Pkunk Furies already. Didn't want to fall in that trap. So I re-edited the Pkunk in again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Aug 1, 2157 - Starbase

Well, it turned out I was wrong about Commander Hayes; he hasn’t lost his mind… well, not yet anyway! We were in the middle of a conference briefing outlining our next mission objectives, and an Arilou Skiff flew by the main base’s observation deck and it joined the other two in docking bay. So there is three Skiffs for us to keep after all! It must’ve been out and about, scouting the system for us!

After the brief interruption, we finished our meeting and are in agreement that our next destination should be Alpha Cerenkov, where hopefully we’ll be able to make the exchange of our nasty beast for the Shofixti females with Admiral ZEX. We don’t want to keep that crazy, dangerous animal onboard for any longer than we have to!

If we wanted, we could use the Portal Spawner to put us on the other side of VUX territory and travel towards Cerenkov from there, but I feel that a direct course will be sufficient, and due to necessary travel we would have traversed otherwise while within QuasiSpace, the shortened distance isn’t really as shortened as it may appear.

We will set course for Alpha Cerenkov. Zelnick out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Aug 13, 2156 - Alpha Cerenkov - Yellow Alert

After travelling through HyperSpace for the last 12 days, we have arrived on the outer edge of the Alpha Cerenkov System. Unexpectedly, our sensors are not detecting the presence of any VUX Intruders, even though a few appeared on long-range sensors while we were still in HyperSpace just before we entered the system, but nevertheless, our system sensors are not detecting anything now that we're inside.

Regardless, I’m placing us on Yellow Alert status, since 1) That horrible, ill-tempered beast is still onboard, 2) we already know that Admiral ZEX always keeps his massive VUX fleet nearby and 3) we have no way of telling how our negotiations are going to transpire once we reveal we have found the foul creature that he so terribly desires.

We will set course for the 1st planet and home of ZEX. Captain out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

Pulls out popcorn.
This is good, I have to watch this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95