Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:31 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

krulle wrote:
Yeah, well. You know me (a bit by now).
I wanted to incite you to elaborate theories.
You don't know what they are for inside the game yet (besides having proof for the Syreen), but maybe you have theories.
Although, IIRC, you do not have all the data necessary to have a good idea to make educated guesses what the game will allow you to do with these things.

Also, I love reading your theories about the devices and possible uses in-game.
you have a lot of knowledge from the Melnorme, but if I remember correctly, they only tell you what the Mycon Egg case is for (triggering further talk options with the Syreen), thus indirectly telling you where at least one of them is. (I think the Melnorme say nothing about the other two egg cases, but I don't have the time right now to delve into the chat files.)

Yes, you're right. I do have my own theories about some of the devices I've obtained, but I hadn't really considered the egg cases. In truth, I figured the usefulness of the egg cases had already presented itself by my presentation of them to Talana, and the others were mere redundancies to give the player multiple chances to find at least one of them, and I still feel that there is an equal possibility and you're just throwing stuff of speculation out there again to get me thinking, and I even theorized there could possibly be more egg cases not yet discovered, but I did give Mycon space a thorough cleaning, and 3 seems like an appropriate number cap, so perhaps not.

I still can't think of how a bunch of seemingly useless egg shells could be beneficial, unless another race desires them that I haven't made contact with, but I won't know that for sure until I encounter them. As far as any of my own personal theories goes, back when I played Starflight, I recall a reptilian race called the Thrynn who would offer fuel for plutonium or various artifacts they'd detect that you had onboard, so since the Druuge are renowned for being traders, then perhaps they might be willing to offer something similar for the egg cases, since the Melnorme claim they practically give away fuel.

krulle wrote:
[edit - redacted for disclosing what can not be done with the Mycon egg case] Dang. This can be considered to be a spoiler, even if it just ends a possible speculative thought.
If anyone wants to discuss (or simply know) what I first wanted to do with these things in my first game (the game does not allow this), send me a PM...
Or if The Trog doesn't mind speculative nonsense which does not appear in-game (nor is hinted at), he can clear me to post this tidbit of my first game. [7edit]

You seem to already be demonstrating some trepidation, so I'd advise caution, since mentioning about what something cannot do is still giving some definition to its purpose as well as any aspect associated with it, thus creating knowledge outside the realm of the game; something of which I'd prefer to avoid. Please use your own discretion, if it's fun and enjoyable while simultaneously innocuous, then go for it!... and remember that you can always spoiler tag such things, or better yet, if it's warranted to not be part of this thread directly, I'd recommend starting a new one on the subject.

I'd also like to say that I know that my (self-indulgent) creation of this adventure is a double-edged sword: It allows for re-living the wonderment of the exciting universe of Star Control through a different set of eyes, opening up a whole new experience, but at the same time, it sometimes can curtail the excitement of anticipation of events occuring (or about to occur) which I can imagine can leave the reader in the position for dancing around, sometimes to the point of walking on eggshells (no pun intended) to prevent me from learning stuff prematurely.

One last thing, since the discussion of hints and spoilery is becoming more prevalent, please keep in mind there may come a point in the game at which I may hit a wall and am unable to immediately solve a particular puzzle of the game, and at which time I would prefer to be left in the dark.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:49 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

Thanks.
This is your thread, and I will try to restrain myself further.

And I thank You for sharing this memory with us!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:23 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.
Darnit! I keep forgetting to check on this site. Also I forget where I was reading when I was last online here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 am 
Arilou wiseguy

There's a small yellow button next toa thread showing you which ones have unread posts.
If you click it, it brings you to the first unread post in that thread.

If you want to look for replies, or threads you posted in, you can always go to the "egosearch" page:
http://www.star-control.com/community/search.php?search_id=egosearch. This page shows you threads you have actively participated in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

palmpet wrote:
Darnit! I keep forgetting to check on this site. Also I forget where I was reading when I was last online here!
krulle wrote:
There's a small yellow button next toa thread showing you which ones have unread posts.
If you click it, it brings you to the first unread post in that thread.

Or… just start over and read from the beginning!

(Meanwhile…)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 23, 2157 - Epsilon Chandrasekhar(copy/paste)- Status: Green

We have just arrived on the outskirts of the Epsilon Chandrasekhar(copy/paste)System, and it’s an orange dwarf star with only one lone planet: A medium blue world in a far orbit in the cold zone.

We will set course for the planet. Captain out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Apr 23, 2157 - Epsilon Chandrasekhar(copy/paste)I

We have entered orbit of a cold Water World (14.6 a.u. / -230° C) with similar size, mass, gravity and tilt as Earth’s, but with only a quarter of atmosphere and the aforementioned chilly conditions. It also has class 3 tectonics and 9 deposits of base metals, most of which are on the largest land mass with a few off the east coast in the ocean.

We will dispatch the lander to retrieve the minerals. Zelnick out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Supplemental:

We found 5 units of molybdenum, 6 aluminum, 10 units of lead, and 27 of iron.

We will set course for Gamma Chandrasekhar(copy/paste). Captain out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 25, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhar(copy/paste) - Code: Purple

We have just arrived on the outskirts of the Gamma Chandrasekhar(copy/paste)System, and it’s a green dwarf star with 6 planets:

Planet 1 - Small Green (green zone) (probe)
Planet 2 - Orange Gas Giant (cool zone)
Planet 3 - Purple Gas Giant
Planet 4 - Medium Green (cold zone)
Planet 5 - Medium Blue
Planet 6 - Medium Green

The star system is separated into 3 sections, with the innermost planet having an independent ring, while the next three are a bit farther, but relatively close to each other, even though the temperature suddenly dips towards the 4th planet, and the final 2 worlds are in a further orbital pattern, but their respective orbits coincide in close proximity. Overall though it’s an interesting solar system in which we can spend the next several days exploring, and the innermost planet might contain life, due to it meeting the criteria for usual habitability, including temperature, planet size and color type, orbit distance, and gas giant protection, whose moons could also have the potential for supporting life, and even the outer medium-sized planets have an outside chanced due to their type and size, although it's less likely due to their distance from the primary.

We have plotted a staggered planetary exploration path: 6-3-5-2-4-1

We have set course for the 6th planet. Zelnick out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:29 pm 
Atum-ta the Sixth

The Troglodyte wrote:
Or… just start over and read from the beginning!

At 88 pages and counting, that's a bit of a tall order. In fact, I'm fairly certain this is the longest thread on the board by a fair margin at this point.

And to think, you still have a ways to go with this game. ;)-smf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

ooc: I thought about putting this in the more condensed form, but I hadn't posted in a while, so I went ahead and kept this one in raw form out of sheer laziness. WARNING: It's long and boring. Well, we could always play a game, like um… oh! I know!… See how many spelling errors you can find below! Don't forget to submit your final answer and you could win a prize!

(The Trog Log continues…)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 26, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhar VI

We have just entered orbit of a Redux World without an atmosphere, class 4 tectonics, 11 corrosives and 3 base metals. Unfortunately, it also has a 1.09 gravity, which will quickly gulp up 2.2 units of fuel for each landing, so we’d better gather all of the minerals in one try.

We are sending down the lander shortly. Captain out.

The base metals we retrieved were all zirconium; 15 units total. The corrosive elements were a mixed bag, however, including 8 units of sulfur, 14 chlorine, 18 iodine, 24 fluorine, 36 bromine, and 8 units of oxygen. Oxygen?… a corrosive? But as I recall, ozone (O3) was classified as a common element. Curious.

We will set course for the 3rd planet. Zelnick out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 26, 2157 - Gamma Chandresekhar (Near Planet 3)

As we approached the 3rd planet, short-range sensors indicate it has 2 moons, so we’ve added an exploration path: m2-m1-P

We have altered course for the 2nd moon. Captain out.
Captain’s Log – Apr 26, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasakhar III-b

We have entered orbit of a Carbide World with class 4 tectonics and 3 common minerals. Even though we’ll probably end up jettisoning these minerals (along with the corrosives and base metals at some point), but to maintain our surveys, we’ll proceed.

We are sending down the lander. Zelnick out.

We found 41 units of carbon.

We’ll set course for the 1st moon. Captain out.
Captain's Log - Apr 27, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekar III-a

We have just arrived in orbit around an Alkali World with a small atmosphere (0.30 atm.), resulting in a frigid -143° C, but it still is able to support life in the form of 4 biological lifeforms! We will also get the 5 deposits of base metals while on the surface, but we’ll first need to rid ourselves of some common minerals and corrosive elements.

We will dispatch the lander. Zelnick out.

We gathered 14 units of barium and 45 units of strontium and captured 4 green bouncing balls worth 8 units of bio-data.

We will set course for the gas giant. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - Gamma Chandrasehar III

We have entered orbit of a purple gas giant with a 266 mass, but there’s nothing unusual about it.

We will set course for the 5th planet. Zelnick out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 27, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekher (Near Planet 5)

As we approached the 5th planet, sensors revealed it also has a moon, which is closer on our current course, so we’ll adjust our heading to check it out first.

We have set course for the moon. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 27, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhar V-a

We’ve just entered orbit of a Carbide World with class 4 tectonics and 8 common elements. Usually we’d go ahead and move on, but since we’re conducting surveys, I’m implementing our secondary time portal so we can eject some minerals and determine what kind specifically are on the surface.

We will send down the lander momentarily. Zelnick out.

After losing some of our corrosives, we sent down the lander and gathered 87 units of carbon, which we in-turn jettisoned to return to the surface with an empty lander, and then we picked up 52 additional units of carbon, and then I re-activated the time portal.

We can now resume course for the planet. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 27, 2157 - Gamma Chandrazekhar V

We have arrived at a Telluric World and it has a thick 1.72 atmosphere, but still has a cold temperature of -177° C, a 0.85 gravity, and a slow rotation results in a single day lasting a lengthy 223.7 earth days. On the surface below there are 4 deposits of base metals, 2 of precious metals and 2 biological lifeforms.

We will dispatch the lander to the surface, after dispensing some corrosives to make more room in cargo bay. Zelnick out.

The base metals we gathered were 31 units of thallium and 10 of ruthenium, and the 2 deposits of precious metals were each both 10 units of iridium, and the 2 biological lifeforms were both translucent purple-colored slugs that are each worth 2 units of bio-data.

We will set course for the 2nd planet. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 28, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasokhar (Near Planet 2)

As we approached the 2nd planet, sensors have revealed it also has a purple moon, which is closer, so we’ve altered course to investigate the moon first.

We have set course for the moon. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 28, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhor II-a

We have entered orbit of a Purple World with class 3 tectonics and 2 base metals. We have jettisoned the remainder of corrosives to make room for the base metals below.

We will send down the lander. Captain out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We gathered 14 units of rhenium and 15 units of cadmium.

We will set course for the 2nd planet. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 28, 2157 - Gamma Chandraseckar II

We have just entered orbit of an orange gas giant that is very big indeed (347.6 e.s.), but there’s nothing unusual about it.

We will set course for the 4th planet. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 29, 2157 - Gamma Chandarsekhar (Near Planet 4)

As we made our way towards the 4th planet, the probe was on the far-left side of its orbit around the 1st planet and we must’ve entered its sensors range, so it intercepted us, and then we intercepted it with our cannons and continued towards the 4th planet, but as we made our approach, sensors revealed it also has a green moon.

We have altered course for the planet’s moon. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 29, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasaekhar IV-a

We have just entered orbit of a Copper World with a quarter atmosphere, 1/2 a g. of gravity, nominal conditions and 10 deposits of copper. We already have plenty of base metals and little space in cargo bay left, so I’ve place a time portal so we can see how much copper is really down there.

We will send down the lander. Captain out.

We took 2 trips to the surface and retrieved 147 units of copper in total and then I activated the previous time portal to place us in orbit when we first arrived.

We will set course for the 4th planet. Zelnick out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - Apr 30, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekkar IV

We have just entered orbit of an Iodine World with a fifth of earth’s atmosphere, class 5 tectonics, a single deposit of corrosives and a pair of base metals. I’ve placed another time portal to survey the mineral contents.

We will dispatch the lander. Captain out.

We found 12 units of magnesium and 17 of iodine, and then I re-activated the time portal.

We will set course for the 1st planet. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - Apr 30, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasehhar I

We have just entered orbit of an Acid World with nominal conditions and 9 deposits of common minerals. I’ve set another time portal and then we cleared some room in cargo bay by ejecting 100 units of base metals.

We will send the lander down to the surface. Captain out.

One of the deposits was overlapping another, so there were actually 10 deposits in all of common minerals (not that it really matters much other than survey consistency) and we spent two trips obtaining 59 units of formic acid, 74 units of hydrocyanic acid and 17 units of sulfuric acid, and then I reset everything with the time portal.

We’ve finished up with this system, but we’re still more than 17 days away from the dimensional portal’s opening interval, so we’ll move on to the next system and continue our explorations and surveys.

We will set course for Delta Chendrasekhar. Zelnick out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Captain’s Log - May 2, 2157 - Delta Chandrasekhar - Status: Green

We have just arrived on the outside perimeter of the Delta Chandrasekhar System, and it’s an orange dwarf star with 9 planets:

Planet 1 - Small Orange (cool zone)
Planet 2 - White Gas Giant (cold zone begins)
Planet 3 - Small Blue
Planet 4 - Small Orange
Planet 5 - Small Green
Planet 6 - Small Purple
Planet 7 - Green Gas Giant
Planet 8 - Small Green
Planet 9 - Small Red

Another system with quite a few planets that should keep us pretty busy for the next several days. We’ll keep an eye on the star clock as we continue to conduct mineral and biological gatherings and surveys. I thought there was a chance we’d be seeing some Arilou along the way since we’re in their territory, sort of. I guess maybe they don’t like to hang around inside systems like other aliens; they only seem to show up in HyperSpace (which by the way has not happened yet in this timeline) or at their homeworld tucked inside QuasiSpace.

We have plotted an exploration path: 9-8-7-6-4-3-1-2-5

We will set course for the 9th planet. Captain out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - May 4, 2157 - Delta Chandrasekhar (Near Planet 4)

During our travels between this system and the previous one, I’ve been working on updating our starmap to include the locations of the dimensional portal exit points as well as the currently known spheres of influence:

(both pictures were taken while in Gamma Chandrasekhar -- hence the missing navigational line)

We will be arriving at Delta Chandrasekhar IV shortly. Zelnick out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log - May 8, 2157 - Delta Chandrasekhar V

Delta Chandrasekhar System Summary:

Planet 9 - Dust World - class 4 tectonics - 3 base metals
Planet 8 - Copper World - 11 base metals
Planet 7 - Moon 4 - Green World - class 5 tectonics - 4 lanthanides - 13 biological lifeforms1
Planet 7 - Moon 2 - Halide World - class 3 tectonics - 8 corrosives
Planet 7 - Moon 1 - Acid World - class 3 tectonics - 8 commons
Planet 7 - Green Gas Giant - 132.1 e.s.
Planet 7 - Moon 3 - Purple World - class 4 tectonics - 4 base metals
Planet 6 - Super-Dense World - class 3 weather - class 8 tectonics - 4 base metals - 9 biological lifeforms2
Planet 4 - Radioactive World - class 3 tectonics - 11 radioactives (6 protactinium, 31 astatine, 24 radium, 22 thorium, 29 francium & 10 actinium)
Planet 3 - Azure World - class 3 tectonics - 8 base metals - 15 biological lifeforms3
Planet 1 - Radioactive World - 8 radioactives (15 francium, 48 radium & 28 thorium)
Planet 2 - Moon 3 - Halide World - class 3 tectonics - 4 corrosives & 3 radioactives (31 astatine)
Planet 2 - Moon 1 - Super-Dense World - class 3 weather - class 7 tectonics - 6 base metals
Planet 2 - White Gas Giant - 36.4 e.s.
Planet 2 - Moon 2 - Carbide World - class 4 tectonics - 8 commons
Planet 5 - Green World - class 3 weather - class 5 tectonics - 6 lanthanides

1We sent down the lander twice (due to the large amount of bio-data) and retrieved 28 units of praseodymium and 40 units of neodymium, plus the lifeforms included 4 purple slugs, 7 crawling blossoms, and a floating 3-eyed jellyfish.
2The landing team made it to the surface safely, but found the conditions were so violent that it would be too dangerous to attempt and capture the lifeforms, so the lander quickly scooted along the surface and surveyed the earthquake-resistant lifeforms, which included 2 orange-glowing balls with cilia, 6 blue mushroom accordions and one very, angry big-eared mouse.
3After 3 trips to the surface, we managed to capture 8 orange-glowing spheres with cilia & 7 celery stalk with eyes.

We have finished up with this system and found it to be abundant in both valuable minerals as well as numerous lifeforms so we now have 222 units of radioactives to go with our 181 units of exotic minerals, and also we have 204 units of bio-data to sell to the Melnorme when we see them again. The dimensional portal’s opening should be occurring in an estimated 9 days, which should still be plenty of time to explore another system nearby, and with any luck, possibly another system after that one.

We will set course for Alpha Chandrasekhar. Captain out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:58 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Captain’s Log - May 9, 2157 - Alpha Chandrasekhar - Status: Green

We have just arrived on the outskirts of the Alpha Chandrasekhar System, and it’s a giant red star with 9 planets:

Planet 1 - Medium Green (hot zone)
Planet 2 - Small Red (green zone)
Planet 3 - Blue Gas Giant (cool zone)
Planet 4 - Violet Gas Giant
Planet 5 - Green Gas Giant
Planet 6 - Small Purple
Planet 7 - White Gas Giant
Planet 8 - Small Purple
Planet 9 - Cyan Gas Giant (cold zone)

It doesn’t look like we’ll be exploring another system before heading back to the anomaly. At a quick glance, the one noticeable thing that catches my eye is the innermost planet, which falls in the hot zone while the second planet is in a temperate zone. There are also 4 different gas giants that may be holding moons which could prove interesting, but I’m also concerned with time constraints, but I may already have a solution for that little problem which I will implement the closer we get towards the 17th.

We have added a planetary exploration path: 7-4-6-1-3-5-2-8-9

We will set course for the 7th planet. Zelnick out.
Captain’s Log - May 13, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhar (Near Planet 3)

I’ve been studying our findings of where each of the dimensional portal’s exit points will place us, and I’ve been going over the information with the senior staff while cross-referencing the information we’ve gathered thus far, and we’ve put together a list of our top 5 priorities as they pertain to which of the portals we can utilize to best help accomplish our mission goals:

Portal 11 - {567.3 : 120.7} - Near Sculptor - Obviously our first priority is rendezvousing with the Pkunk before they reach the Yehat homeworld in Gamma Serpentis. If the Pkunk were earlier in their journey, we could’ve used Portal 10 and gone from there, but we have to use this one instead since they’re already entering the Serpentis Constellation.
Portal 10 - {191.0 : 092.6} - Near Centaurus - After we (hopefully) save the Pkunk from their fateful family reunion, I’d like to go back to Starbase and go over our recent findings with Commander Hayes and perhaps let the crew (and the captain!) enjoy a brief shore leave before we begin our next mission.
Portal 13 - {010.3 : 940.4} - Beta Corvi - Oh yeah! We’re finally going to try and track down those Slylandro guys and find out why our galaxy has become so infested with those darn probes!
Portal 5 - {611.7 : 413.1} - Epsilon Camelopardalis - We can use this portal to help avoid Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah ships and make it to the Ur-Quan’s secret vault and retrieve the Syreen Penetrators for Commander Talana and hopefully she’ll implore the other Syreen’s starbase occupants to help us in our struggles against the Ur-Quan and the Kohr-Ah.
Portal 1 - {565.8 : 971.2} - Delta Lyncis – I’ve got to find out if the rare and strange creature which Admiral ZEX requires in order to release the Shofixti females into our custody resides somewhere on one of the worlds in that system.

After we address these aforementioned goals, we can also explore some of the other ones to seek out and contact the Druuge, Thraddash and Utwig, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

We will continue with our explorations. We are now entering orbit of the 3rd planet. Captain out.
Captain’s Log - May 17, 2157 - Gamma Chandrasekhar IX

Gamma Chandrasekhar System Summary:

Planet 7 - Moon 1 - Chondrite World - class 6 tectonics - 6 commons
Planet 7 - White Gas Giant - 594.7 e.s.
Planet 7 - Moon 2 - Dust World - class 4 tectonics - 6 base metals
Planet 7 - Moon 4 - Selenic World - class 3 tectonics - 3 base metals
Planet 7 - Moon 3 - Noble World - 9 noble gases
Planet 4 - Moon 1 - Ultramarine World - class 3 weather - 1 base metal, 3 noble gases & 1 rare earth - 7 biological lifeforms1
Planet 4 - Violet Gas Giant - 675.2 e.s.
Planet 6 - Chondrite World - class 6 tectonics - 3 commons
Planet 1 - Magnetic World - 138° C - class 6 tectonics - 12 base metals & 1 exotic (7 magnetic monopoles)
Planet 3 - Moon 1 - Chondrite World - class 5 tectonics - 4 commons
Planet 3 - Blue Gas Giant - 123.1 e.s.
Planet 3 - Moon 2 - Selenic World - class 3 tectonics - 5 base metals
Planet 5 - Moon 3 - Chondrite World - class 5 tectonics - 6 commons
Planet 5 - Moon 2 - Noble World - 7 noble gases
Planet 5 - Moon 1 - Ultramarine World - class 3 weather & tectonics - 1 base metal, 2 noble gases & 2 lanthanides - 10 biological lifeforms2
Planet 5 - Green Gas Giant - 318.6 e.s.
Planet 5 - Moon 4 - Selenic World - 5 base metals
Planet 2 - Infrared World - class 5 weather - class 4 tectonics - 4 base metals - 10 biological lifeforms3
Planet 8 - Pellucid World - 1 exotic (13 Tzo crystals)
Planet 9 - Moon 2 - Metal World - class 3 tectonics - 1 corrosive, 6 base metals & 1 radioactive - 8 biological lifeforms4
Planet 9 - Moon 3 - Super-Dense World - class 7 tectonics - 7 base metals - 10 biological lifeforms5
Planet 9 - Moon 1 - Pellucid World - 1 exotic (11 Tzo crystals)
Planet 9 - Cyan Gas Giant - 512.1 e.s.

1We gathered 16 units of holmium and 51 of krypton, and captured 6 three-eyed jellyfish and an angry jumping jack gummy bear.
2We captured 3 celery stalks with eyes and 7 floating 3-eyed jellyfish.
3We found the surface to be occupied by 4 portabella krakens and 6 bowls of jewels, but because of the dangerous conditions (plus the insidious octoshrooms) we only surveyed the lifeforms for data collection purposes.
4We gathered 20 units of uranium and captured 2 big red blobs, 5 swarms of killer bees and a mushroom accordion.
5Due to the high levels of seismic activity on the surface, we didn’t capture anything but instead we kept moving along the surface and surveyed the lifeforms, which all turned out to be gigantic tubular blue-striped slugs.

We have finished with this very large system that 5 different locations that included various lifeforms, and many of the planets and moons included valuable supplies of minerals, including 3 of which that contained exotic minerals! However, the exploration of this system took much longer than predicted and now that we’re done it would seem that the spatial anomaly has just opened up, giving us only 3 days to get there before the portal closes. Fortunately, I prepared for this contingency by strategically placing time portal entry points along the way, and I can use one of those from several days back (07-14-57) which was right after we had captured all of the lifeforms on the 1st moon of the 5th planet, and from there we’ll proceed towards the location of the dimensional portal.

We will set course for {043.8 : 637.2}; the coordinates of Falayalaralfali’s doorway. Captain out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:15 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Captain’s Log - May 24, 2157 - QuasiSpace {613.4 : 590.0} - (Near the Arilou Lalee’lay Homeworld)

We have just left Falayalaralfali and are currently sitting idle in space in preparation for setting our heading for Portal 11 as science and engineering teams check out our newest addition to our growing pile of devices, and this particular one is the best one yet -- a Quasi Portal! Super Duper Awesome!

About a week ago we arrived at the spatial anomaly just as it was opening and we approached and entered just as before, and then immediately set course for the upper right corner of QuasiSpace and proceeded without incident.

When we approached the Arilou’s homeworld, we were of course greeted by one of their own, perhaps a leader (and maybe even the same one we had spoken with in the other timeline) but this time he said almost the same identical things as the same time we encountered the Arilou for the first time out in HyperSpace, (even the bit about *Nngn*) but, strangely enough, it seemed as if our Arilou friend was toying with us and knew all along that we had been here before… But how?

After they told us about the crashed Ur-Quan Dreadnought that contained an intact Warp Pod that we could bring back to them and receive a portal spawner device, we revealed that we had already obtained one, to which I received the same laid-on-thick attitude of surprise, astonishment, and joy, but I could’ve sworn there was an invisible yet understood eyewink on the part of the Arilou, as if they have a deeper understanding of how we had accomplished our success.

I felt a little creeped out as several Arilou engineers appeared out of thin air and began fitting the unusual-looking apparatus into one of the bulkheads in engineering and connecting it to our engine relay circuits as the speaker proclaimed this spawner they were giving us was specially customized to be used for a vessel as massive as ours. Hmmm… another convenient coincidence.

The Quasi Portal has been completely installed and ready to use, but each use will consume approximately 10 units of fuel, but it will transport us from HyperSpace to within QuasiSpace in a matter of seconds, granting us access to each of the portals inside! Brilliant!

The Arilou teams have beamed out or whatever they call it and I’d like to inspect their handiwork before using the odd, splendid contraption. Unfortunately, we don’t have sufficient time to tinker with the thing until we take care of our misguided migratory friends!

We have set course for {516 : 466.0}; Portal 11. Zelnick out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 943 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 95  Next