A hint of things to come...

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

A hint of things to come...

Post by Lukipela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:15 pm

There are big thing on the horizon. Big things indeed! You see, I was just talking with my dear old friend about how he hasn't been over for tea in ages, and this is what he replied:
Paul Reiche III wrote:I hope to visit at some point, as allowed by the success or failure of strangely-creative new game upon which Fred, Erol Otus, Robert Leyland and I are working -- not to mention about 100 other creative folks. The swirling mists that obscure this venture should be lifting in the next month or two. As Dogar and Kazon are my witness, the name Toys for Bob shall once again be on the lips of the nation. Perhaps two nations! Add in a benevolent dictatorship and a couple of failed Marxist states just for good luck. What was I talking about?... oh yes, FANTASTIC SUCCESS! And love. It's all about the love.
So, it seems there will soon be some more information about whatever amazing thing TFB is working on. There's a large staff and the game is "creative", so probably not another Disney adventure.

I'm putting the kettle on and hoping for the best. How about you?
Last edited by Lukipela on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Missed a plural form - whoops

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Re: A hint of things to come...

Post by Scott Irving » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

EPIC Tea Party
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Alen
Hunam adventurer

Post by Alen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 am

Even more good games coming out this year!

Anthony
Hunam adventurer

Post by Anthony » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:02 am

Lukipela wrote:I'm putting the kettle on and hoping for the best. How about you?
Same here. I'm excited to hear what they have to say. The fact that he gave a rough estimate of a future announcement is definitely awesome. I think solar flares would start blaring if it was another Disney Extreme Skate Adventure game. :P
Check out my blog at http://starcontroller.com

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Anthony wrote: Same here. I'm excited to hear what they have to say. The fact that he gave a rough estimate of a future announcement is definitely awesome. I think solar flares would start blaring if it was another Disney Extreme Skate Adventure game. :P
I don't think he'd have gone to the trouble of telling me that something big was up if it was just another Disney game. I'm sort of excited/anxious. I hope it's good, and I hope my computer can take it...

FreakyM
HELP US!

Post by FreakyM » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 am

Oh my. This certainly seems interesting.

Time will tell.
Not gone. Drifting in the flow of the world, observing.

Alen
Hunam adventurer

Post by Alen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 am

Lets see if Activision president no fun will allow it. ;)

Frumple
Site Admin

Post by Frumple » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:30 pm

I have to admit, I'm kinda excited. I really hope it's something a long the lines of Star Control or Unholy War. Something with some interesting characters or aliens.
Image "...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement." Image

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm

I wonder... :)
Anyway, 6 months prior to release Activision will probably register the trademark for this game, so keep an eye on http://www.uspto.gov/ 's trademark register.

Roelgiox

Post by Roelgiox » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Used to frequent the boards back in 04 and still check in on your guys every so often to see what's up. I play starcon 2 at least once a year, and check the TFB website frequently. Just want to say that upon reading this, I crapped my pants. I've got my fingers crossed guys!