Fighting the good fight

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Fighting the good fight

Post by Lukipela » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Zeracles wrote:]Don't worry, I figure links to PNF must be quite difficult since TfB still hasn't managed it ;)-smf

Their link to UQM is also wrong, not sure if that's been pointed out.
Yeah, it's been pointed out a few times.

Also, to any newbies interested in Netmelee, there are actually people on IRC playing it, don't let their lack of responses in this thread fool you. They are just shy :)

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Lukipela wrote:
Also, to any newbies interested in Netmelee, there are actually people on IRC playing it, don't let their lack of responses in this thread fool you. They are just shy :)
And don't let the apparent lack of activity in the arena fool you either. Too many newcomers seem to quit in disgust when they find the arena isn't constantly full of people chattering away*, but if you ask for a game and wait about ten minutes, usually someone will respond.

*Of course, that might all be because of the horrendously buggy irc.uqm.stack.nl webchat
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 pm

We used to have a nice chart showing where players are located and how active they were, but that was lost as the server where that simple .txt was located apparently died (damn lazy server admin buddie). Ziper created this map for re-creating the "chart", but it was apparently taken over by forumites. Generally the map can be used as a guideline for seeing when would be the most optimal time to find opponents by simply looking at the location of the players.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm

I have balance mod 1.0, and would like to update. The instructions on the ultronomicon are windows-only. Any cross-platform support?

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Gekko » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:09 pm

You need to compile from source code on Linux. On OS X, I don't know. Maybe someone could make a release on OS X?
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Gekko wrote:... Generally the map can be used as a guideline for seeing when would be the most optimal time to find opponents by simply looking at the location of the players.
Not quite right - someone might be online usually at his 3am, or stricktly 11pm. Or 24h like me... the UQMF has the activity chart that is very useful for that purpose. Unfortunately, SCDB doesn't have one...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Gekko wrote: Ziper created this map for re-creating the "chart", but it was apparently taken over by forumites. Generally the map can be used as a guideline for seeing when would be the most optimal time to find opponents by simply looking at the location of the players.
Yeah someone turned it into an awesome map of everyone in the SC fandom. Pretty cool eh?

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:50 am

I'll see about compiling. Could be a mite tricky. I have a shiver balance mod app here, v 1.0. Who made that?

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 am

Death 999 wrote:I'll see about compiling. Could be a mite tricky. I have a shiver balance mod app here, v 1.0. Who made that?
Well, let's see... Nic made a OSX app for Balance Mod, but I could swear that was for v1.10 or v1.14. It was so long ago I don't remember much except that I can't count on Nic's support these days. I could try to poach a Project 6014 member to compile Mac apps. If you manage to compile it yourself, let me know. I'll want the app so other mac users can play it.