Page 3 of 4

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 am
by Nuclear
Fossaman wrote:EDIT: For some reason I've been trying to sneak unnecessary mid-sentence capitalization into my typing. I'm concerned that I might have started thinking in capitals. And possibly italics.
Uh oh, I think my ship guide is starting to affect your brain :shock:

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 pm
by Fossaman
Nuclear wrote:Uh oh, I think my ship guide is starting to affect your brain :shock:
*cough*
I didn't actually take the time to that. Improper or lacking capitalization in other people's writing says to me "I don't care enough about this to write it correctly, so you don't need to read it." Also, I don't have UQM installed at the moment, so there was really no point.

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm
by Lukipela
Fossaman wrote:
Nuclear wrote:Uh oh, I think my ship guide is starting to affect your brain :shock:
*cough*
I didn't actually take the time to that. Improper or lacking capitalization in other people's writing says to me "I don't care enough about this to write it correctly, so you don't need to read it." Also, I don't have UQM installed at the moment, so there was really no point.
i dunno wat ur tlking bout theres nuthin wrong wit writin in a more relaxd style. what is ur problem dood. big wrds nd no uqm? srsly not kewl!

Don't write like this. Seriously. If anyone tries to bandwagon this I will hunt them down and punish them. It's a one time gag people.

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm
by Nuclear
Don't write like this. Seriously. If anyone tries to bandwagon this I will hunt them down and punish them. It's a one time gag people.
I actually hit the quote button so I could read this properly, message received Luki....

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm
by cymon
zenzmurfy wrote:
Cedric6014 wrote:Holy Heck Lukipela - how come my presursor avatar thingamee is pimped out with the utwig bomb?

:) The icon for you being online is the Vindicator at the end of the game fully loaded. The offline icon which is not here yet would be the equipment you have at the beginning of the game.

-zenZmurfy
It's an awful large icon to tell people nothing. The other day I says Luk was online but there was nothing I could do about it, no chat or anything. That's what this forum needs, a chat that pops up if you're actually here when others are online.

Gotta make that for my forum.

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:25 pm
by Frumple
cymon wrote:
zenzmurfy wrote:
Cedric6014 wrote:Holy Heck Lukipela - how come my presursor avatar thingamee is pimped out with the utwig bomb?

:) The icon for you being online is the Vindicator at the end of the game fully loaded. The offline icon which is not here yet would be the equipment you have at the beginning of the game.

-zenZmurfy
It's an awful large icon to tell people nothing. The other day I says Luk was online but there was nothing I could do about it, no chat or anything. That's what this forum needs, a chat that pops up if you're actually here when others are online.

Gotta make that for my forum.

"awful large icon" - I could say the same thing about Avatars and Signature graphics :mrgreen:

Fortunately, phpBB has lots of mods and has steady releases every few months. Maybe they'll add new stuff to the core software. We're going to take a slow and steady approach with mods. I want this installation to last another 5-10 years.

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm
by Frumple
zenzmurfy wrote:
starcon_phpbb wrote:A follow-up tid-bit. Zensmurfy provided us with an updated "online" graphic. It's a snazzy new Vindicator. Look for someone who is online browsing the board to see it.
I think I sent the wrong picture for the offline vindicator. That one should be the vindicator with the equipment and thrusters that you start the game off with. :)

zenZmurfy :)
If you have another graphic ready, please e-mail it to me or Lukipela. I'd love to update it. :)

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 pm
by zenzmurfy
Frumple wrote:
zenzmurfy wrote:
starcon_phpbb wrote:A follow-up tid-bit. Zensmurfy provided us with an updated "online" graphic. It's a snazzy new Vindicator. Look for someone who is online browsing the board to see it.
I think I sent the wrong picture for the offline vindicator. That one should be the vindicator with the equipment and thrusters that you start the game off with. :)

zenZmurfy :)
If you have another graphic ready, please e-mail it to me or Lukipela. I'd love to update it. :)
Found it. Here's the pic. I'll send it to Lukipela too.

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:58 pm
by zenzmurfy
cymon wrote:
zenzmurfy wrote:
Cedric6014 wrote:Holy Heck Lukipela - how come my presursor avatar thingamee is pimped out with the utwig bomb?

:) The icon for you being online is the Vindicator at the end of the game fully loaded. The offline icon which is not here yet would be the equipment you have at the beginning of the game.

-zenZmurfy
It's an awful large icon to tell people nothing. The other day I says Luk was online but there was nothing I could do about it, no chat or anything. That's what this forum needs, a chat that pops up if you're actually here when others are online.

Gotta make that for my forum.
I know it's a little bit big, but when it's smaller it looks more like a paperclip than the Vindicator. You really need to see the pods and thrusters to see that its not just an insignia or logo or multcolored cockroach, but the ship itself. On the other hand, I could've gone for a caractured version of the ship with fewer pods and thrusters, but it might have not save much space over the actual design.

I'm posting a picture with the icon rescaled to different sizes so u can see what it looks like that way and included in the upper left corner is an old version of the vindicator I tried to make really small that made me think it looked like slug, or battery power guage.

-zenZmurfy

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 pm
by Rider
You could always use the ingame Vindicator as a reference. I got it to 31x15 without compromising it's look.