Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!

Post by zenzmurfy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Lukipela wrote:I'd like to emphasise that Zensmurfy did a great job and deserves many a thankful thought. He's been making this stuff for ages, providing me with pretty much anything I could come up with.
I am really close to escaping from World of Warcraft again... Hopefully I will get back to work on my fan art. :)

zenZmurfy -

Viperbob
ZEXy Beast

Post by Viperbob » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Not to change the subject, but where on here can I get a great advitar like those being used now? Please excuse my spelling. Looked around but can't find them.
thanks
VB
VB

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Go to the user control panel (Starbase) and hit edit profile in the options area, then hit edit avatar. Its a little picky about what pictures you can upload so you might have to shrink it down a bit. It can be up to 100 KBs and the dimensions can be up to 120 x 120.

If your looking for an avatar image, just google something you like. I think on the last forum, you could pick a whole bunch of pre-made captains portraits, is that still on this forum? Also, if your like me, you can go into GIMP and make your own avatar {With rather corny results :mrgreen: }
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Cedric6014
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Cedric6014 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Is there anywhere in this bad boy that you can view stats? you know, like most popular topics, most prolific posters, posts/views per month etc

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Surprisingly, not yet. We're working on it though.

Cedric6014
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Cedric6014 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:34 am

Holy Heck Lukipela - how come my presursor avatar thingamee is pimped out with the utwig bomb?

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 am

You're online, that's why. Apparently when we do things here, we do them REALLY BIG.

zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy

Post by zenzmurfy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Cedric6014 wrote:Holy Heck Lukipela - how come my presursor avatar thingamee is pimped out with the utwig bomb?

:) The icon for you being online is the Vindicator at the end of the game fully loaded. The offline icon which is not here yet would be the equipment you have at the beginning of the game.

-zenZmurfy

Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

It's quite a beast that Vindicator... an interesting idea though. I'm not sure I like the current size, but maybe it just needs to grow on me.
Hehe, that's what I said!

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 am

Rider wrote:It's quite a beast that Vindicator... an interesting idea though. I'm not sure I like the current size, but maybe it just needs to grow on me.
I'd kind of like to see it add modules as your postcount goes up. But that would probably be overly fancy. (Although now that I think about it, I know the invisionfree forum system supports custom images for poster ranks.) Besides, how would you decide which modules came in which order? Everyone uses a different playstyle when it comes to the flagship.

EDIT: For some reason I've been trying to sneak unnecessary mid-sentence capitalization into my typing. I'm concerned that I might have started thinking in capitals. And possibly italics.