Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Please welcome the *new* Star Control Discussion Board!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 pm 
Arilou wiseguy

Rider wrote:
You could always use the ingame Vindicator as a reference. I got it to 31x15 without compromising it's look.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that graphic. That would be a good solution if a smaller graphic was absolutely needed. Right now I think the current 111x39 graphic in the manner it is used is a good match for avatar images that are as large as 120x120.

On an unrelated note: I think the image for the online status and avatar should be floating and centered in the cell(assuming that is a cell). Right now its all pushed to one side.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Rider wrote:
You could always use the ingame Vindicator as a reference. I got it to 31x15 without compromising it's look.

I think that does look better than Zenzmurfy's smallest ones but, isn't that TOO small?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm 
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

zenzmurfy wrote:
Rider wrote:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that graphic. That would be a good solution if a smaller graphic was absolutely needed. Right now I think the current 111x39 graphic in the manner it is used is a good match for avatar images that are as large as 120x120.

The problem, I think, is that many (most?) users have much smaller or no avatars. We've been toying with the idea of replacing the Vindi with the Lander for the online status indicator. It has a simpler, more iconic shape, suitable for a smaller image.

That Ur-Quan Master
Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:17 am 
Site Admin

Greetings all. We made some small tweaks here yesterday. More to come, these small things are just time consuming to research, test and implement.

# Added BBCodes for Center, Justify, Left Align, Right Align, Strike Through, Subscript, Superscript, Line (hr)
# Created and added Smilies pack that contains old SMF smilies icons
# Installed "Last Posts Titles" phpBB MOD
# Changed "topic_unread_hot_mine" icon to rosy_sphere.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Thanks, Chad.

It looks like the smilies don't work right. A lot of the old smilies use the same code as the new ones, so there's some "namespace conflict" as it were.

That Ur-Quan Master
Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 am 
Arilou wiseguy

Frumple, in March 2010 wrote:
Welcome to the newest version of the Star Control Discussion Board !!! We hope you decide to stay. In fact, our Ur-Quan overlords *demand* it!

I haven't been on the PoNaF forum since before 2010???? Whoops? Where did the time go?
Okay, my oldest son turned 7 in the meantime , I had two more.....
I havent' been active in the SC2 universe anyway since quite a while before that.

I remember I saw the forum changed, but did not spend more thoughts about it. But that long?

Oh my god, time moves fast!

Great work everyone.
I'll try to acquire a glass of pootworm juice and drink on the health of this forum, and praise the hard working persons still providing this place!

Thanks!

(ps: my old user account: http://www.star-control.com/forum/index ... ofile;u=10. Last active ("login") shortly after I started working with my current employer. Long ago....
I know I did check in after that to read some posts, but likely forgot to log in.)
Edit: hell, I was able to log in the old forum and delete some spam PM's I received in 2006....