The perfect storm

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: The perfect storm

Post by Lukipela » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Dragon wrote:ps: The updated site looks great also. Probably should have mentioned that but I was/am distracted by GL: Chapter one.
I can certainly understand that :) A lot happened during the weekend and that comic is pretty distracting. It's a good time to be an SC fan it seems.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:29 am

Fred wrote:What a nice surprise on my daughter's tenth birthday! I can't even fathom how much work you have put before you, Tiberian, but for both you and Eth I look forward to continuing installments.
*Squeal!* Fred reads my comic!

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Fred wrote:I definitely require more radioactives than I once did to get my deep space radar functioning in the morning.
You definitely don't need any more than you used to to get me to be glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 am

Just an FYI, Ur-Quan Masters has been ported to the Pandora handheld. (a bit of discussion over here) (download here)

I don't know if it's interesting news, but I thought I'd mention it.

P.S. Sorry, I can't really get into this comic - it somehow doesn't feel like SC to me. It's more like a serious space anime or Western "military in space" film. The Star Control universe I know is not so serious or formal.
But I do enjoy "That Ur-Quan Master" (added it to the big list of webcomics that I follow). I'm partial to the Spathi. ;)
Last edited by Niffiwan on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member since March 14, 2003

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 am

Niffiwan wrote:Just an FYI, Ur-Quan Masters has been ported to the Pandora handheld. (a bit of discussion over here)

It's certainly interesting news! I've been following the pandora project via another forum I frequent and I've been thinking of buying one sometime ;). Now that UQM has been ported to that thingy it's even more reason to go and buy one (although the price just sucks monkey balls in hell)

Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 am

Angelfish wrote:
Niffiwan wrote:Just an FYI, Ur-Quan Masters has been ported to the Pandora handheld. (a bit of discussion over here)

It's certainly interesting news! I've been following the pandora project via another forum I frequent and I've been thinking of buying one sometime ;). Now that UQM has been ported to that thingy it's even more reason to go and buy one (although the price just sucks monkey balls in hell)
Well, you do get a lot for your money. It comes out to being cheaper than an iPhone, I think. I'm about 350-450 in the queue, so I'm just waiting for mine to arrive. One of the first things I do when I get it will be to play the third Monkey Island game. :)

There's a nice mini-review (with video) of the device over here.
Member since March 14, 2003

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Niffiwan wrote:The Star Control universe I know is not so serious or formal.
As I see it, the captain is not serious or formal, and many aliens are not. But some are, and I think this would be one of those places that's more structured.

I'll be focusing on the mesh and conflict of these sometime vaguely soon in my fanfic.