To sing in the heavens

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Sage
Wise and Ancient Soul

Re: To sing in the heavens

Post by Sage » Mon May 31, 2010 11:34 pm

Somewhere amongst the mess of files I have floating on my hard drive are some of my experiments with ModPlug, using instruments I'd ripped from SC2 and other sources. I'll have to see if I can dig out those turds songs.

Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 am

Hmm...anybody know if I can find the score for the SC2 music? It might be fun to try playing it on the piano. The hyperspace theme in particular.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 am

Fossaman wrote:Hmm...anybody know if I can find the score for the SC2 music? It might be fun to try playing it on the piano. The hyperspace theme in particular.
Nope, I don't know any music sheets. I've learned that song by ear, its actually quite simple.

EDIT: I've learned how to play {most of} the Syreen theme by loading up the mod file in ModPlug and reading all the notes in the sequences. It's primitive, but it works
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Guizot
Silly Supox

Post by Guizot » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 am

Sacrebleu! Why have I never heard of this wondrous “ModPlug” before? I feel so very ignorant…