Sequels strife

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Death 999 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Replacing the img tags with url tags would fix that.

Spaniard fan

Post by Spaniard fan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:15 pm

I know, can't edit the post since I made it as a guest though, sorry for the inconvenience

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Don't worry, the screen size will soon be okay again, once now we've reach the next page...

And you're absolutely right. If Brad publicly admits being faulty or wrong, US courts would use that against him, so it's a no-go.

edit: some corrections. and saw that a mod helped a hand...

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 am

I don't really understand what Wardell was hoping to accomplish by posting here in the first place, convince the six of us who use the forum that we should buy SC Origins? I don't get it.

Once Stardock began to actively interfere with the production of Ghosts of the Precursors, they lost whatever benefit of the doubt I would have extended to them. They are getting in the way of what I want, a sequel to the Ur-Quan Masters by Paul and Fred. I appreciate the need for them to defend their trademark, but it's hard for me to wish for them to do anything but fail in court.

Serosis
Hunam adventurer

Post by Serosis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:01 am

He wanted the UQM/Star Control community as a whole to join in on improving Origins.

But obviously that can't happen now.
Get The Ur-Quan Masters MegaMod HERE

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:53 am

To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:49 am

Of course. Words belied by actions is par for the course at this point. That sounded to me, at least, like an eminently reasonable compromise, so of course it was rejected. That, I'm guessing, was never the planned endgame here despite Brad's repeated insistences to the contrary. Small wonder he bailed out of here when he did, though I'm surprised he came back at all considering how things have been escalating.

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:53 am

No doubt Wardell is going to claim that P&F's settlement offer is A Wall of Lies and we'll never hear why he didn't go for it in his own words.

So here's my hot take on why he didn't settle:
1) He is seeing red at this point and is not interested in settling.
2) He's dead set on stealing the SC2 aliens into Stardock's series, something they've always wanted.
3) He's under the mistaken assumption that he has an overwhelming advantage in the upcoming trial.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:35 am

One silver lining to all of this nonsense, Paul and Fred have been posting reasonably high resolution images of the assets used to make UQM. I don't know if these have been released before, but I certainly haven't seen most of them. :)-smf

Elestan
Hunam adventurer

Post by Elestan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:01 am

Eth wrote:One silver lining to all of this nonsense, Paul and Fred have been posting reasonably high resolution images of the assets used to make UQM. I don't know if these have been released before, but I certainly haven't seen most of them. :)-smf
Are they from UQM-HD?