Ur-Quan Masters HD: Beta 1 Released!

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD: Beta 1 Released!

Post by dczanik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:42 pm

ThriveDev wrote:
dczanik wrote:
ThriveDev wrote:I installed it and its amazing. :)
Fantastic!

Just don't choose the remix pack music option. It's messing up config files. :oops:
Aha! So that was why alpha didn' work. And i love the menu music, could you post it on YouTube?
It's not on my account, but you can listen to it here:

This music is from a Finnish game (now open sourced) called KOPS. Our programmer SuperButcherX, liked it so much he contacted the creator to see if we could use it. The music is composed by Erkki Turunen.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

ZEXy Beast

Post by 80286 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:58 am

dczanik wrote:Open up Explorer, go into %appdata%\uqmhd

Or the long way, C:\Users\{your windows username}\AppData\Roaming\uqmhd and get rid of the .cfg files.
If it still doesn't work, uninstalling then re-installing might fix it. Just don't choose to use the re-mix pack in the setup options.
Kindly thanks for the assistance, but unfortunately I can't figure it.

After the installation there's no such folder or .cfg files. In XP %appdata% seems to go to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data , but nevertheless there's no sign of "uqmhd" folder there, or anywhere in c: So %appdata%\uqmhd or %appdata%\roaming\uqmhd can't locate such thing.

Also the installation wizard never asks me about the re-mixes. The install on the old UQM (no HD), 0.7.0 I recall that asked me about those. This Beta HD install is just agree-next-next-finish job.

And the HD Alpha - well that's just a zip. It never installed through wizard and I don't recall it extracting anything to AppData.

Is that the problem, the lack of that folder? Am I getting the wrong install? Does it leave anything in the registry of win? Or does it require certain win services to run in the background? Or the DirectX is old? Or drivers? I don't know anymore.

All I know is I completed it twice and now it won't even start. On the same computer and os. That's just unbelievable.

Thank you anyway.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 am

80286 wrote:
dczanik wrote:Open up Explorer, go into %appdata%\uqmhd

Or the long way, C:\Users\{your windows username}\AppData\Roaming\uqmhd and get rid of the .cfg files.
If it still doesn't work, uninstalling then re-installing might fix it. Just don't choose to use the re-mix pack in the setup options.
Kindly thanks for the assistance, but unfortunately I can't figure it.

After the installation there's no such folder or .cfg files. In XP %appdata% seems to go to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data , but nevertheless there's no sign of "uqmhd" folder there, or anywhere in c: So %appdata%\uqmhd or %appdata%\roaming\uqmhd can't locate such thing.

Also the installation wizard never asks me about the re-mixes. The install on the old UQM (no HD), 0.7.0 I recall that asked me about those. This Beta HD install is just agree-next-next-finish job.

And the HD Alpha - well that's just a zip. It never installed through wizard and I don't recall it extracting anything to AppData.

Is that the problem, the lack of that folder? Am I getting the wrong install? Does it leave anything in the registry of win? Or does it require certain win services to run in the background? Or the DirectX is old? Or drivers? I don't know anymore.

All I know is I completed it twice and now it won't even start. On the same computer and os. That's just unbelievable.

Thank you anyway.
Try the urquan masters forums. Unfortunately without a Windows programmer, you're asking technical support from the art guy. :(

http://forum.uqm.stack.nl
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014

ZEXy Beast

Post by 80286 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:25 am

dczanik wrote:Try the urquan masters forums. Unfortunately without a Windows programmer, you're asking technical support from the art guy. :(

http://forum.uqm.stack.nl
I appreciate the valuable info about the forum. I'll ask there. Thank you and keep up the good work.

UltronUser25
Hunam adventurer

Post by UltronUser25 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 am

I've spotted a blooper, though only minor!

When you press F7 in the starmap twice to take you to the constellations, Centaurus is mis-named as a second Raynet.

More aggressiv Ur-Quans? Bring them on, let my Juggers slice them down!
The Ultron tells me I should wear my Mask of Toys for Bob Appreciation when playing Star Control 2.

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am

UltronUser25 wrote:When you press F7 in the starmap twice to take you to the constellations, Centaurus is mis-named as a second Raynet.
dczanik,

is this something we can fix easily ourselves by editing some simple text-like file? :)-smf

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Salk wrote:
UltronUser25 wrote:When you press F7 in the starmap twice to take you to the constellations, Centaurus is mis-named as a second Raynet.
dczanik,

is this something we can fix easily ourselves by editing some simple text-like file? :)-smf
No :( It's a png overlay. Made in Photoshop.
- Damon Czanik

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Well, thanks for your prompt answer. :)-smf

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 am

Hello!

I let two weak cyborgs play in Super Melee and I noticed a stall in their fight so that it'd never end. It was Orz against Yetah.

One would never come any closer but keep the distance, the other would just rotate on himself and shoot, but never hitting. I guess this is an AI bug?

Salk
Hunam adventurer

Post by Salk » Fri May 30, 2014 8:12 am

dczanik,

I wonder if we can expect another minor release with fixes for the simple bugs reported so far from the community, like the misnaming of Centaurus?

Thanks!