Possible bugs in UQM HD

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Possible bugs in UQM HD

Post by dczanik » Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 am

Mathius wrote:
Okay, I am an idiot, but I think I know what to do thanks to the above link. Only question is which file do I edit, and once I am in the file where? Please excuse my noobness. I don't play many PC games but I wanted to experience SC2 in it's visually enhanced form. I grew up with the 3DO version. :D
No, not an idiot. How many people know how to create or edit batch files? You're normal. It's the rest of us who are just freaks ;)

Hopefully somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. Sort of doing this from memory.

Go to your game directory.

I believe there's a uqm1280.bat? If you have extensions hidden, it would just look like uqm1280.

No idea if this works in Vista. Right click over the uqm1280 file, and select Edit.

Replace the text with:
uqm.exe -f -o -r 1280x800

File, Save. Double Click the uqm1280.bat file.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Mathius
Hunam adventurer

Post by Mathius » Sat May 11, 2013 1:05 am

I did as instructed and did it correctly but the game runs very slow as a result. What now? ???-smf

By the way thanks for being so helpful. :)

Edit: Just saw that you mentioned the slowness in the other thread. In my experience the slowdown makes the game unplayable.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 am

Mathius wrote:I did as instructed and did it correctly but the game runs very slow as a result. What now? ???-smf

Edit: Just saw that you mentioned the slowness in the other thread. In my experience the slowdown makes the game unplayable.
Sorry then. There's nothing I can do for you until we get the beta out. Good news is it looks like it may only be a couple weeks.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Mathius
Hunam adventurer

Post by Mathius » Sun May 12, 2013 12:25 am

dczanik wrote:
Mathius wrote:I did as instructed and did it correctly but the game runs very slow as a result. What now? ???-smf

Sorry then. There's nothing I can do for you until we get the beta out. Good news is it looks like it may only be a couple weeks.

Not a problem. I can wait a few more weeks. I just played and completed the 3DO version so I got my SC2 fix. With the game fresh in my mind playing the enhanced version will be epic. :)

Nikolai
ZEXy Beast

Post by Nikolai » Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Eagerly awaiting this. I just introduced my kid to "Ur-Quan Masters", and she's loving it. This mod promises to knock her socks off, but the best resolution her computer can manage is 1440x900.

I have extensive experience in C programming. Is there any way I can help?