HD Wishlist

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

Saria
Pkunk Elder

Re: HD Wishlist

Post by Saria » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 am

Add Fwiffo romance option thank you

I think that just the "play at x resolution" is at the top of my list for things that would be nice.

Besides fwiffo romance option

thank you in advance I know my request will be fufilled

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Saria wrote:Add Fwiffo romance option thank you

I think that just the "play at x resolution" is at the top of my list for things that would be nice.

Not only a romance option please, give us an option to break his heart aswell so he'll only say 'fuck you' from then on and attack you on sight.

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Angelfish wrote:

Not only a romance option please, give us an option to break his heart aswell so he'll only say 'fuck you' from then on and attack you on sight.
And Fwiffo becomes nearly invincible and reincarnates like the Pkunk. You have to find a special precursor artifact to destroy him or agree to the relationship. Or you can trick Fwiffo with a Zex beast or something.

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh, and could you quickly throw in a first-person shooter mini-campaign? And an on-line ladder system? And finally, just a quick multi-race RTS mode like Starcraft? I'm sure you have plenty of spare time, right?

(Seriously, thanks for all the work you guys do and all the developers of UQ Masters HD and project 6014).

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 pm

:shock: wut?

What would their kids look like?
By the way, is this adorable thing your cat?
sakalava47 wrote:Oh, and could you quickly throw in a first-person shooter mini-campaign? And an on-line ladder system? And finally, just a quick multi-race RTS mode like Starcraft? I'm sure you have plenty of spare time, right?
You know, I want a space sim with an RTS game, where you explore then colonize planets. If I could build any game, it would feel like Wing Commander/Star Citizen/TIE fighter in space, StarCraft 2 on land, and then an FPS in the other areas. Problem is, then it's nothing like Star Control 2.

Speaking of.. Star Control 2. Ever notice that Star Control 2 had little to do with actually controlling stars or star systems? I guess that's just like "Ur-Quan Masters: Project 6014", makes little sense since the humans are free of their Ur-Quan masters. ???-smf
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 am

My friend I first played SC2 with noted that. SC2 did not actually involve controlling just about anything other than up to 13 ships and a couple landers and a starbase, and that only when you were there.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:47 am

I think it originated as a pun of sorts. Star Control 1 was Archon in space, thus stAR CONtrol... ;)
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

gsmithx
ZEXy Beast

Post by gsmithx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 am

Just one item, as sad and petty as it may sound... A base resolution change from ????x980 resolution to ????x900. My laptop (which is my gaming machine) id 160x900 max res unless I HDMI it to the TV... Being a PC technician, I have noticed that this is rapidly becoming a standard resolution on laptops, and even some desktop pc's... Widescreen is great... But you tend to lose vertical resolution in favor of screen width. :cry: And while it may not seem like much, those 80 pixels can really screw you up if they are missing. And yeah, 640x480 is horrible for graphic glitches... (as per the tech noted section of this forum... lol)

Thanks for reading, hope it can happen, but won't be too crushed if it doesn't.

Greg Smith
Playing SC2 since 1992

gsmithx
ZEXy Beast

Post by gsmithx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 am

Death 999 wrote:My friend I first played SC2 with noted that. SC2 did not actually involve controlling just about anything other than up to 13 ships and a couple landers and a starbase, and that only when you were there.

True. But I think the point was not what you control, but to remove control from the Ur-Quan and their battle thralls - which I think you pretty much did if you beat the game (IMHO).

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 am

SC1 was much more about control.