HD Wishlist

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

HD Wishlist

Post by dczanik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey guys,

We all want items that we can improve the game. Can't guarantee we'll get to them all, but if you have an item you'd like to see in the game, put it here.

Logs of conversations: Yes. That's on our list.
Smoother ship animations/angles: We're working on it.
Run in X resolution: Beta 1 will have this.
Mouse support: On our list.

Other items:
De-Cleansing Mod
Hyperspace ship history of where you've been.
Show planets you've already mined.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

mpe3us
ZEXy Beast

Re: HD Wishlist

Post by mpe3us » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I would really like the de-cleansing mod to be an on-off option in the game.

I started my first playthrough of the game last week (first time I ever played Star Control 2), and two days ago I apparently lost the game.
I later figured out that the game needs to be completed within a specific time period, but I felt that I had just started my adventure. Therefore I would
really like support for this de-cleanse mod, so I can play through the game without worrying about this time period.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

History of where you've been in HS. Including where you can select a time range, or replay your travels in sped-up real-time.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Death 999 wrote:History of where you've been in HS. Including where you can select a time range, or replay your travels in sped-up real-time.
First read that as where you've been in High School. Interesting. Not sure why you'd want this though. ???-smf To record adventures? show where you've been?
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 pm

mpe3us wrote:I would really like the de-cleansing mod to be an on-off option in the game.

I started my first playthrough of the game last week (first time I ever played Star Control 2), and two days ago I apparently lost the game.
I later figured out that the game needs to be completed within a specific time period, but I felt that I had just started my adventure. Therefore I would
really like support for this de-cleanse mod, so I can play through the game without worrying about this time period.

It's on our "To Do" list. I personally hate a time limit on a game centered around exploration.
- Damon Czanik

mpe3us
ZEXy Beast

Post by mpe3us » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm

dczanik wrote:
mpe3us wrote:I would really like the de-cleansing mod to be an on-off option in the game.

It's on our "To Do" list. I personally hate a time limit on a game centered around exploration.
Sounds good - can't wait! ;D-smf

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

dczanik wrote:
Death 999 wrote:History of where you've been in HS. Including where you can select a time range, or replay your travels in sped-up real-time.
First read that as where you've been in High School. Interesting. Not sure why you'd want this though. ???-smf To record adventures? show where you've been?
To remind you which planets you've already mined, I guess.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:59 pm

"Logs of conversations: Yes. That's on our list."
"Mouse support: On our list."
"History of where you've been in HS."

Some of these sound like they'd also apply for the non-HD Ur-Quan Masters... are we working on getting these wishes into vanilla UQM, too?

Another wish: ability to mix-and-match the original soundtrack with the remixes (i.e. original Hyperspace theme, but new planet landing themes)
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 pm

More ship angles should be your top priority I think. The graphics are reasonably up to date now but the 16 ship angles will scare away everyone new to the star control universe.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Will the ship angles be optional?