Ur-Quan Masters HD Alpha 1

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD Alpha 1

Post by oldlaptop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:46 am

More information can't hurt! We can always ignore unneeded information, but we can't use important information if we don't have it. :)
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Zarnium
Silly Supox

Post by Zarnium » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Great then, I'll make some bug reports once I finish the game. It's mostly cases of low-res graphics and text showing instead of high-res, but I didn't see my exact examples in the bug database.

I must say, though, this is an excellent product. The game looks great, and it's been completely stable. My thanks goes out to all the people who worked on this project!

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Zarnium wrote:Great then, I'll make some bug reports once I finish the game. It's mostly cases of low-res graphics and text showing instead of high-res, but I didn't see my exact examples in the bug database.

I must say, though, this is an excellent product. The game looks great, and it's been completely stable. My thanks goes out to all the people who worked on this project!
Oh, there's lot of examples of those. I'm fixing 'em! :) There's about 50 or so bugs regarding low-res (really just unfinished) artwork.

https://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues ... ells=tiles
https://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues ... ells=tiles

Many of those are Fixed, & Verified that they are done.
Out of the 239 bugs found, we've fixed all but 20 of them.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!

Zarnium
Silly Supox

Post by Zarnium » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:09 pm

dczanik wrote:
Zarnium wrote:Great then, I'll make some bug reports once I finish the game. It's mostly cases of low-res graphics and text showing instead of high-res, but I didn't see my exact examples in the bug database.

Oh, there's lot of examples of those. I'm fixing 'em! :) There's about 50 or so bugs regarding low-res (really just unfinished) artwork.
Ah, good, it looks like you are aware of some of my issues, according to your comment on issue 46. I found the Aqua Helix and Sun Device in Low-res. I also found some low-res quotation marks from Druuge and Yehat text.

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Thu May 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Zarnium wrote:
dczanik wrote:

Ah, good, it looks like you are aware of some of my issues, according to your comment on issue 46. I found the Aqua Helix and Sun Device in Low-res. I also found some low-res quotation marks from Druuge and Yehat text.
Yeah they are fixed. There is really about 5 bugs left.
https://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues ... ne+Summary

Probably done this weekend. I do want to retouch some things like the Druuge that people have been complaining about. Just yesterday, I made the Melnorme look a lot more finished.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:18 pm

I realised I never actually said how awesome this is. It's been sitting in my steam library for, like, ages now but I haven't popped in to say 'good job'.
So, yeah, Good job :) I'm enjoying it.

ZEXy Beast

Post by 80286 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Hello guys,
I need help, please.
I've run the UQM HD Alpha on my PC, right after it came, completed it - no problems, no bugs, 1280. Now after I reinstalled windows XP sp 2, the VERY same win as before, on the VERY same (old) PC, with the VERY same drivers (omega drivers for Radeon X600), and the same d3d-something .dll files in system32 -it won't start at all.

I'm spewing. I tried everything. And the Beta won't start either, with exactly the same errors as the Alpha:
When I try to run uqm.exe I get an error popping up and that's it. "C:\Program Files\Ur-Quan Masters High Definition Beta 1\uqm.exe This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Yeah well it doesn't.

Then I run the .bat-s through the command prompt, to be able to see the error they bring (because they won't work either, none of them) and I get something like so:

uqmdebug.exe -x -r 1280x960 -w --resfactor=2
The system cannot execute the specified program.
or
uqm.exe -x -r 1280x960 -w --resfactor=2
The system cannot execute the specified program. in the Alpha.

I remember for a fact, the last time I ran the game, the .exe with the icon didn't work again. I don't recall the error. But the 1280 .bat (all of them actually) worked swell. I ran it, there was a whole lot of extracting some 2x and 4x-files going on in the command prompt and we were off.

What's going on, what am I doing wrong this time? Please, help.

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:13 pm

The game runt well till now, now it just gives me black screen, and when intro credits start randomly, and i prees space or enter to skip them, game crashes and gives me a error that memory ''could not be read''
Help please!
*Sees quasispace portal* Yes! *Portal dissapears*

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:57 am

ThriveDev wrote:The game runt well till now, now it just gives me black screen, and when intro credits start randomly, and i prees space or enter to skip them, game crashes and gives me a error that memory ''could not be read''
Help please!
Also if the game ran fine before, it might mean your config is messed up.
If you get a black screen sometimes uqmdebug will work around it.
There's a bug we found out about, something about the remix pack option in the setup freaks out the game and you get a black screen.

Deleting your config might reset the thing. Hopefully if that's the case, somebody on here or the UQM forums can help you out with that.
- Damon Czanik

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:19 am

When i opened UQMDEBUG, i first got a bunch of messages saying:
Non-existent images to TFB_Prim_Stamp<>
And then i got:
TFB_Prim_Stamp: Tried to draw NULL frame <Stamp Address =024DFE90>

And then it started showing up something about music data and 3DO music for credits... What?!
*Sees quasispace portal* Yes! *Portal dissapears*