UQMHD Remix - an updated version

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by darklord42 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:14 pm

If you guys really care that much, his code changes can't be that difficult to repeal. I don't, so I won't. As it was part of the original game.

@metamorphosis I hope you're still around.
I'm trying to build a mac version but I hit a compiling issue with clang
src/libs/graphics/sdl/sdl_common.c:132:1: error: conflicting types for 'TFB_InitGraphics'
TFB_InitGraphics (int driver, int flags, int width, int height, unsigned int *resolutionFactor, BOOLEAN forceAspectRatio) // JMS_GFX: added resolutionFactor - MB: added ability for function to change res_factor

src/libs/graphics/gfx_common.h:70:5: note: previous declaration is here
int TFB_InitGraphics (int driver, int flags, int width, int height, unsigned int resolutionFactor, BOOLEAN forceAspectRatio); // JMS_GFX: Added resolutionFactor

I guess C is not suppose to let you overload functions. (that's a C++ feature, I blame visual studio for letting you)
So I changed the function declaration with the pointer from TFB_InitGraphics to TFB_InitGraphicsWPt and then the function call in uqm.c which seemed to work. Do you mind making the change on git?

Also when you moved all the content you forgot to update the build script. (Because you use visual studio?) The script is suppose to compress the content and addons and move them into the app (or wherever else it's suppose to be on non mac systems). Right now the zip command doesn't find the folders. Mind making the change in build.config with your new locations?
Last edited by darklord42 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Post by darklord42 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:57 pm

I got the app working I'd be happy to bundle it. Great work! I have one minor question. As you approach earth I get a couple of random orbit paths that look like arrows? It looks like someone had fun with the paint tool. Why is that?

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Post by darklord42 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 pm

And another thing, for some reason solar system planet textures arn't appearing in both hq4x and 2x anymore (not just the moon in this picture) Are files missing from the source? or is it a code error

darklord42
Hunam adventurer

Post by darklord42 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:37 pm

I just tried it with your version of the .uqm files with your windows release. Strange that's not what is in your source? You should do something with the build script so it comes out the way you want it.

Still had the same graphical issues, but great job on the nebula and intro music. It's great to have the High quality music instead. Perhaps you can have it switch the intro sequence files depending on the selected music option? That can't be too difficult to do. No more difficult then switching between 2x and 4x textures you would think.