UQMHD Remix - an updated version

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Maloo Oture » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:21 pm

metamorphosis wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:I liked it too. It was a great feature. Resource collection is grindy enough. Please, put it back?
?
I'm not sure how repeatedly asking me something without acknowledging that I've already answered the question is going to change my mind.
Well excuse me. Forgive me for believing that the game was released for the community. Are you part of the UQMHD team or just some guy that changed the source? Either way, I don't like what you did. And I'll rant and rave about it all I want to. Sheesh.

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Angelfish » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:I liked it too. It was a great feature. Resource collection is grindy enough. Please, put it back?
?
I'm not sure how repeatedly asking me something without acknowledging that I've already answered the question is going to change my mind.
Well excuse me. Forgive me for believing that the game was released for the community. Are you part of the UQMHD team or just some guy that changed the source? Either way, I don't like what you did. And I'll rant and rave about it all I want to. Sheesh.
learn to program, n00b ;).

User avatar
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Sweden

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Angelfish wrote:
learn to program, n00b ;).
Well, I really only know Java and Javascript myself. Not to mention, I don't know which language UQM is programmed in, so there's always that additional hurdle to keep in mind.
Think I'll keep the old version around though. Not only does it have resource overflow prevention with the landers, but I actually liked the original's intro music better. Losing those just to get the other remix tracks is just not worth it.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

metamorphosis
Er, we mean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 am

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by metamorphosis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:I liked it too. It was a great feature. Resource collection is grindy enough. Please, put it back?
?
I'm not sure how repeatedly asking me something without acknowledging that I've already answered the question is going to change my mind.
Well excuse me. Forgive me for believing that the game was released for the community. Are you part of the UQMHD team or just some guy that changed the source? Either way, I don't like what you did. And I'll rant and rave about it all I want to. Sheesh.
That's quite a lot of entitlement you have there. Best of luck with that.

Quasispatial wrote:Think I'll keep the old version around though. Not only does it have resource overflow prevention with the landers, but I actually liked the original's intro music better. Losing those just to get the other remix tracks is just not worth it.
Whatever.
Last edited by metamorphosis on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

metamorphosis
Er, we mean
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 am

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by metamorphosis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:52 pm

1.05:
* Added code so that some solar systems do not have nebulae.
* Further nebulae and star generation tweaking.
* Added 5 more variations of nebulae.
* Small starbase speech fix.
* Correction to UQMHD code (previously was not using all available nebulae).
Last edited by metamorphosis on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 am

metamorphosis wrote: That's quite a lot of entitlement you have there. Best of luck with that.
If being entitled is having an opinion and voicing it, then yes. I am entitled.

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Angelfish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Maloo Oture wrote:
metamorphosis wrote: That's quite a lot of entitlement you have there. Best of luck with that.
If being entitled is having an opinion and voicing it, then yes. I am entitled.
I don't really mind. When voicing an opinion you keep it to 150 words max so it's bearable to the board readers.

Salk
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Salk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:05 am

Quasispatial wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
learn to program, n00b ;).
Well, I really only know Java and Javascript myself. Not to mention, I don't know which language UQM is programmed in, so there's always that additional hurdle to keep in mind.
Think I'll keep the old version around though. Not only does it have resource overflow prevention with the landers, but I actually liked the original's intro music better. Losing those just to get the other remix tracks is just not worth it.
I happen to agree fully.

If you ever release something of your own that includes bugfixes (the open list is still here and it's not been worked on for ages: https://code.google.com/p/uqm-hd/issues/list) and corrections/real improvements, please let me know.

Thanks!

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Angelfish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:51 am

Quasispatial wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
learn to program, n00b ;).
Well, I really only know Java and Javascript myself. Not to mention, I don't know which language UQM is programmed in, so there's always that additional hurdle to keep in mind.
Think I'll keep the old version around though. Not only does it have resource overflow prevention with the landers, but I actually liked the original's intro music better. Losing those just to get the other remix tracks is just not worth it.
If you know Java you should be able to code in C, which Star control 2 is written in.
That said, I know C but I'm not touching that outdated piece of shit that with a ten foot pole ;)

User avatar
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Sweden

Re: UQMHD Remix - an updated version

Post by Quasispatial » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Angelfish wrote:That said, I know C but I'm not touching that outdated piece of shit that with a ten foot pole ;)
*Silently hands over eleven-foot pole*
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Post Reply