Steam?

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Steam?

Post by Quasispatial » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Was wondering if you'd be getting it on there, either now or when the HD edition is complete.
The reason being that a Fwiffo trading card would be awesome. plus the fact that it would certainly help the game's public exposure.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Re: Steam?

Post by sakalava47 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Quasispatial wrote:Was wondering if you'd be getting it on there, either now or when the HD edition is complete.
The reason being that a Fwiffo trading card would be awesome. plus the fact that it would certainly help the game's public exposure.

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of people who would love Star Control but have never heard of it. I wish it could also be on mobile devices somehow. That would be a lot of work though, I'm sure.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:03 pm

sakalava47 wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:Was wondering if you'd be getting it on there, either now or when the HD edition is complete.

Yeah, I'm sure there are tons of people who would love Star Control but have never heard of it. I wish it could also be on mobile devices somehow. That would be a lot of work though, I'm sure.
Actually, It already is. Have both non-HD and HD on my Xperia phone. The controls are sort of clumsy in comparison to PC's keyboard, but that's mostly due to the phone's relatively small control surface/screen.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Quasispatial wrote:
sakalava47 wrote:

Actually, It already is. Have both non-HD and HD on my Xperia phone. The controls are sort of clumsy in comparison to PC's keyboard, but that's mostly due to the phone's relatively small control surface/screen.

Is Xperia an android device? I wonder if it would work on my Kindle Fire.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:50 pm

sakalava47 wrote:
Quasispatial wrote: Actually, It already is. Have both non-HD and HD on my Xperia phone. The controls are sort of clumsy in comparison to PC's keyboard, but that's mostly due to the phone's relatively small control surface/screen.

Is Xperia an android device? I wonder if it would work on my Kindle Fire.
Might be. I'm about 70% sure it is, but no guarantees.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:05 am

Xperia is an android device, and i think it would depend mostly on if the kindle could launch non-market apps, as in load apk files directly, but I have exactly no experience with Kindle's so just making an educated guess.
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 am

Scott Irving wrote:Xperia is an android device, and i think it would depend mostly on if the kindle could launch non-market apps, as in load apk files directly, but I have exactly no experience with Kindle's so just making an educated guess.
Well, I found it directly uploaded on the market, free 'n all, so the non-market issue might not be present here... Unless, of course, the market and the play store are two different things, seeing as I don't really know what with my phone being in Swedish, not English.

Stickman_king_28
Hunam adventurer
Location: California, US- Er... A Prototype Precursor corvette.

Post by Stickman_king_28 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:47 am

Steam, huh. That's pretty nice.
PRIORITY OVERRIDE. NEW BEHAVIOR DICTATED. MUST BREAK TARGET INTO COMPONENT COMPOUNDS. PSYCHE. HA. HA. HA. HUMOROUS SPEECH MODE OFF. GOODBYE.
Im only replying to first or second page threads bc im afraid of getting in trouble for necro'ing.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:49 am

Are you running around in this forum necromancing posts?

The post before yours was posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014.
That's three years ago.

If you had something substantial to add, feel free to comment. But just putting a "nice" as a remark on old threads is not helpful.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:06 pm

I approve the preceding message.

Some of you may remember Kohr-Ah Primat's mass-necromancy on the UQM boards. That was great because she added new interesting things.