Steam?

An HD remake of Star Control 2. It's the full Ur-Quan Masters game but also featuring a high resolution mode, new features, & new artwork.

Moderators: dczanik, ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Steam?

Post by Angelfish » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:03 am

ahhh the wonderful Star Control community, where new people are met with hostility by the resident gravekeepers for disturbing a dead board.

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

Angelfish wrote:ahhh the wonderful Star Control community, where new people are met with hostility by the resident gravekeepers for disturbing a dead board.
Well, at least it's action, right? Board's been quiet lately, so a necromancy spree or two couldn't really hurt. That being said, however, empty posts have little impact on these matters, so there's a point to the argument.
...I'm going to go make a pointless thread now. One which, as it turns out, I immediately felt the compelling need to delete. I'm no good at shitposting, dammit.

We should try giving the new arrivals the most valuable gift of all, however. Something much better than crass material offerings. I'm sure you know of what I speak.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am

Yes, it was low input post. On the other hand, I don't see lots of threads topping it. Still the most recent. More so, it has spawned micro-discussion.
On active forums necro-posting is frowned upon. Here, I do not see any harm.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Alvarin wrote:Yes, it was low input post. On the other hand, I don't see lots of threads topping it. Still the most recent. More so, it has spawned micro-discussion.
On active forums necro-posting is frowned upon. Here, I do not see any harm.
especially not when it happens only once. think of the children!

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Hence I commented once on it, the poster took note of it, and reacted accordingly.
I come here by checking the active topics, and when a lot of threads are flagged as active, I go "yay, discussions!" and then get disappointed.

He did this over a course of several days. I commented after I've seen it a few times.
That was as far as my comments in this regard would go.
I do not wish the poster any harm, and he may well do so if he has something constructive to add , or a real question to the topic.
It was just bugging me at the time, and with this comment I see my need to vent in this regard over-fulfilled.

Thanks for listening.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:05 am

Let's hope he is not gone for good.
I'm sorry for overdramatizing things by the way. Trolling is what makes me happy.