What kind of music are you into?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Re: What kind of music are you into?

Post by Rezzoplis »

I basically like Rock, Techno, Dubstep, Video Game Music and Metal.
SUPRISE AND TERROR!
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

70's Disco. 90's Style :)-smf

Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
RTyp06
Ilwrath spawn

Post by RTyp06 »

70's Disco. 90's Style

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

It's always about the money isn't it?
Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan »

I really like things like this:

and this:

(song begins 15 seconds in)

I guess I generally prefer acoustic music.

I also like videogame music, though, like the kind in SC2.

I don't really like the sound of the electric guitar, so that rules out a lot of popular contemporary stuff. I like plucked strings, mallet instruments, huge brass bands, deep voices and nasal reedy things.

EDIT: Hey, Lukipela, you're a FennoSwede! I know about them because I read Scandinavia and the World. :D
Do you Swedes still do things like this:
Member since March 14, 2003
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

RTyp06 wrote:
70's Disco. 90's Style

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

It's always about the money isn't it?
No way I'm letting legal bullshit brand my disco -.-

Maybe this one will work for you? Btw, that dude's curtain cut has 90's written all over it... though the braids kind of ruin it.

Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

Nuclear wrote:No way I'm letting legal bullshit brand my disco -.-

Maybe this one will work for you? Btw, that dude's curtain cut has 90's written all over it... though the braids kind of ruin it.
Nope.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Here's a video by a Swedish quite popular new group that decided to switch the roles in their videos between men and women in a few cases. Music is ok I guess, but the video is hilarious until you realise that if those were women, you'd think it was pretty normal.
Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman »

I was originally thinking of making a new thread but then I saw this one still on the first page(I remember posting in it ages ago, but I guess that is the pace of a forum about a not that well known cult game from decades ago.).

Through other bands I've recently started to scrape the surface of old jazz, this combined with my not so recent aquisition of an LP player has got me searching for old used records in used record stores, a process that is in and of itself incredibly enjoyable. However I was wondering if anyone has got any recommendations? In particular I really like Miles Davis' Bitches Brew from the album of the same name, but I find that the other songs on the same album, while good, aren't as interesting to me. In particular what I like about Bitches Brew is its dissonant and "dark" feel, especially at the start. The other songs are good and all, but they don't have that same slightly unnerving atmosphere to them imo.

If it's of any help I can reveal that what got me into more jazzy stuff was Steely Dan, which I really like, so if you have any advice about anything to check out at all, please post it!

Thanks in advance!
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

Presently, I listen to a lot of French Canadian music...

You can take a look and if you want some explanation on the song...well feel free to ask or to find a translation...It is very cultural of my part of the world tho.

Also, I simply love rock/punk and metal in general as long as they are not trashy. I like solid melody.

This band is from brazil and is well Known (I think).

Finally, I like from times to times electronic music, techno and other genre...The only thing I can't stand is the west coast american rap ;)

VG music and classic is a must too!
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Lately am into classical music, various arrangements. Like Wolf Hoffman's "Classical" album.
Glory Device - about French Canadian - some time ago was playing a good game with awesome music - Sang Froid, really good intro song Reel-a-bouche.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.