What kind of music are you into?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Re: What kind of music are you into?

Post by Dabir »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqovVZ6zX3U

Something I've had stuck in my head recently. God damn if it doesn't all fit.
The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: What kind of music are you into?

Post by The Troglodyte »

I absolutely love music and I listen to many different types from different time periods:

If I want something soothing, something Classical like Mozart or Bach's cello suites, or even something like Tchaikovsky is nice as well, but I can only handle harpsichord in small doses. Early Big Band and Swing instrumentals can also be relaxing, but I mostly listen to it for the "glimpse" into the past it gives me; the wonderment of a different culture in early 20th century America, not knowing then how its path would soon to be altered.

I like some 50's, but I listen to far more 60's and 70's: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Van Halen (not Van Hagar!), AC/DC, Eric Clapton, Aerosmith, Rush, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Kiss, David Bowie...the list goes on and on! I can even dig some Disco...sometimes.

As far as the 80's are concerned, I can enjoy Bon Jovi, Guns n' Roses, Twisted Sister, Mötley Crüe, or many other "Hair Bands". There's Huey Lewis and the News and oh!...I can't forget about Billy Idol or the Beastie Boys! There's also some other stuff like Dexy's Midnight Rider, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, and other weird band names I can't remember.

The 90's began with my discovering the birth of Grunge, but I also embraced Punk music as well...and other weird stuff. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, NOFX, Pearl Jam, along with Smashing Pumpkins, Breeders, Toadies...so on and so forth. I also started listening to even more harder music, to revel in my more rebellious side, including Metallica, Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Nine-Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, Ministry, Tool, and Rob/White Zombie.

From there it's been a mix of Rock, Hop/Hop, Rap and Indie music that I still enjoy. I even like the occassional Country hit song, something I thought I'd never admit. My current playlist has a healthy supply of Modest Mouse and (brace yourselves) Weird Al Yankovic.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh