Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by Angelfish »

Eth wrote:
Eth wrote:I am completely hooked on Skyrim. It's the first time I've played a Hot New Game From A Major Studio in years, and it's taking over my life. So many mountains to walk around!

Still playing mostly Skyrim. I bought a fancy gaming PC and bought Skyrim for it and have fancy graphics. Send help.
And here I was thinking that your family life and work were taking up your time.. I was wrong!
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

the windmill of death is really gory! :P
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

I really like the whole look of the game, it seems to exude a sort of Lego vibe.

And yeah, that windmill was pretty awesome.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Eventually armadillo part 2..

Got the job done!

Note: the machine doesn't have to be undamaged at the end, as long as the objectives are met.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

I thought the guys who just charged right into it were kind of, well, pathetic.

Anyway, reminded me of the Persian army in Reign. I ought to finish that series some time.
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

And now I've got hooked on Darkest Dungeon. Its a sorta roguelikelike, where you crawl through a bunch of dungeons with a small party and mostly get killed. It's still in Early Access, so there're still content to add and balance issues to fix, but it's totally playable and even relatively polished. Would recommend it, though it might be better to wait for the full release.
Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver »

Bleeding Star wrote:And now I've got hooked on Darkest Dungeon. Its a sorta roguelikelike, where you crawl through a bunch of dungeons with a small party and mostly get killed. It's still in Early Access, so there're still content to add and balance issues to fix, but it's totally playable and even relatively polished. Would recommend it, though it might be better to wait for the full release.
I backed this game on Kickstarter. 8)-smf Most of the games I've backed over the last few years, I wish I could get a refund on. Darkest Dungeon, I wish I'd put more money into that. Maybe a grand or so.
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

Shiver wrote:I backed this game on Kickstarter. 8)-smf Most of the games I've backed over the last few years, I wish I could get a refund on. Darkest Dungeon, I wish I'd put more money into that. Maybe a grand or so.
I think the only thing I've backed on Kickstarter is Torment: Tides of Numenera. I loved Planescape, so I'm hoping this does the name justice. Probably won't be out for ages, though
I wrote:Finally got a computer that can run modern games. Gotta catch up on a decade of RPGs now... Dragon Age first, then Mass Effects, I think.
For the record, the Mass Effects were entertaining in a Biowarey kind of way, but I found Dragon Age Origins unspeakably dull.
Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial »

Bleeding Star wrote:...but I found Dragon Age Origins unspeakably dull.
Yeah, it's definitively a very boring game in the start. I found that it got better once you got to the later points where you could goof off, though.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

I dunno, I found the combat predictable and drawn-out throughout the game, and the characters insufficiently entertaining for me to want to slog through it. I was about 2/3 through the game stuck in some endless dwarf caves, when realized I wasn't actually enjoying it, and said fuck it.