Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by Death 999 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 pm

For me, it's the fight against Exdeath in his castle. It's on par with the similarly mid-game battle against Magus in HIS castle.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:21 am

Crosspost! :)
Salk wrote:Really beautiful!

I wish there was a project to make our beloved original Wing Commander game in HD!
I found out last week that THERE IS A FUCKING WING COMMANDER GAME IN HD!!!

http://wcsaga.com/

In short, it's incredible. And free :)

Long story: It's a completely fan-made game based on the freespace 2 engine, with a completely new story which all in all gives you the original wing commander feeling. It doesn't have the live action cutscenes that wing commander 3 had but the briefings are animated with 3d modeled characters. The controls are smooth and the gameplay is interesting enough, but where this re-imagining really shines is the story. The voice acting is also really well done :).

It really is a testament to the quality of games that fan-communities can produce :).

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:20 pm

I will add this to the rather long gaming pipeline! Thanks Angelfish
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Angelfish wrote:I found out last week that THERE IS A FUCKING WING COMMANDER GAME IN HD!!!
By the time I got to Wing Commander I'd played too much TIE fighter and couldn't switch loyalties. I think I finished one of them but didn't really get into the series.

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Shiver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:51 am

Bleeding Star wrote:By the time I got to Wing Commander I'd played too much TIE fighter and couldn't switch loyalties. I think I finished one of them but didn't really get into the series.
SREVE THE EMPREOR

ABOVE ALL

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm happy being the Emperor's stool pigeon. Actually it was more to do with the fluidity of the dogfighting, the mission design, and the fact that TIEs are just pretty damn awesome. Both X-wing and TIE fighter are available on gog at the moment, if anyone wants a trip down nostalgia lane.

I've just started playing Starflight, and it's pretty good despite the godawful interface. I didn't realize how much Star Control 2 owed to it. Still can't get the hang of combat though.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

First of all, this game will interest you (because we have some FTL players here if i'm not mistaken)

Convoy! It's basically FTL but in a max max environment, with a bit of different gameplay but very much like FTL in terms of atmosphere.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... elike-like

Second, recently I've fallen in love with a game called 'Besiege'. It's still in an early alpha phase but thusfar it's incredibly funny to play and looks incredible as well.
Besiege is an upcoming physics based building game in which you construct
medieval siege engines and lay waste to immense fortresses and peaceful hamlets.

Here are some of my creations:
Image (a sheep killer)

Image (a massive moving fortress, ideal for driving through dangerous territory)

Image (thusfar looking good..)

Image (too bad I can't drive for shit with this thing.. so I dropped off the bridge)

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Besiege looks pretty fun.

I'm currently playing through Baldur's Gate extended edition. The new content is nothing really special, but it does give me an excuse to play BG again. Also don't have to install quite so many damn mods.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 am

Eth wrote:I am completely hooked on Skyrim. It's the first time I've played a Hot New Game From A Major Studio in years, and it's taking over my life. So many mountains to walk around!

Still playing mostly Skyrim. I bought a fancy gaming PC and bought Skyrim for it and have fancy graphics. Send help.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:14 am

Medieval siege machines.blow things up. I'm down with that.

Thanks for sharing that one :o ;D-smf
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.