Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Games other than Star Control
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:42 am 
Slylandro gasbags

For those of you who are fan of 'games as art' I can thoroughly recommend 'Everything'.
This is a game which allows you to be everything. From a tree to a blad of grass to a rock. and move around in a world. Eventually you can be everything that is on a world like animals, fish, buildings, or even things as small as a human hair, a bacterium, or a helium atom or even dive into that helium atom and experience reality even smaller, until you dive into such a small thing that you are suddenly the universe and galaxies flying around in it, planets and stars etc. The game is narrated by Alan Watts, a philosopher who tried to bring eastern philosophy to the western world. You hear some of his sound bytes through audio thoughts, which you can collect throughout the game.

Anyway, it's really comforting to play, and sometimes after a long day of work I just want to be a blade of grass, or a forest of trees, and move around the globe :).

Here's one of the more in depth video reviews that I saw about it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_40BYfrRiI&t=2s

http://www.everything-game.com/
Should be available via steam and runs well on my not so fast linux machine :)

Below are some screenshots, they are mine, so if you have a higher end computer you should get better graphics out of it I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:12 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Angelfish wrote:
For those of you who are fan of 'games as art' I can thoroughly recommend 'Everything'.

Looks interesting, but I wonder if the somersaulting animals might take away from its tranquility. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:36 am 
Slylandro gasbags

the somersaulting was done to indicate that the game doesn't take itself too seriously (but really also because of practical reasons, making hundreds of animals walking animations would never be possible)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:09 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

I'd suggest reducing the display size of the images, though. It's a bit big for the forum's proportions right now. Try using the rimg tag.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Quasispatial wrote:
I'd suggest reducing the display size of the images, though. It's a bit big for the forum's proportions right now. Try using the rimg tag.

most forums do that automatically :).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:07 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Angelfish wrote:
Quasispatial wrote:

most forums do that automatically :).

To be fair, it wouldn't be that hard to implement. Just have the image tag add a 'max-width' property of the suitable size, and problem solved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:11 am 
Ilwrath spawn

Been enjoying Tyranny, an RPG from Obsidian. Dialogue and combat much improved from it's cousin Pillars of Eternity.

For staving off boredom, I'm playing Steampunk Heist, a kind of 2D XCOM that doesn't take itself too seriously.

And speaking of XCOM, next on the list is Terror from the Deep, if I can figure out how to Mod it properly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:55 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Terror from the deep doesn't need to be modded to be enjoyed :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 am 
Orz *camper*

Angelfish wrote:

But to really enjoy it, you should read about the nasty bugs that might prevent you from completing the game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 am 
Slylandro gasbags

Tiberian wrote:
Angelfish wrote:

But to really enjoy it, you should read about the nasty bugs that might prevent you from completing the game.

Never really experienced those though :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next