Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by Draxas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Dabir wrote:Dwarf Fortress
I started playing fairly recently, after seeing all the hype on a few sites and reading through a tutorial and a few LPs. The game is incredibly quirky, and often bizarre in any number of ways, but is also remarkably deep and engrossing.

Now that I've got the hang of it a bit, I've been curious to try playing in a bloodline game that's so popular among the LP community for the game.

Megagun
Salesman

Post by Megagun » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Frumple wrote:Dragon, Megagun, you play SupCom 2? I'm in dire need of folks who play it on Steam.
Unfortunately, my laptop really struggles with SupCom 1 (and I thus assume SupCom 2 aswell), so no...

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Angelfish wrote: I have Overlord 1 and 2, and I quite like it :). It's not a top-10 game for me but I bought it anyway since it's one of the few games of a dutch developer ;).
It's filled with humour and a lot of fun to throw those minions around. Overlord 2 is a lot better than 1 in my experience, but I can't exactly remember what the differences are, other than that in Overlord 2 your minions get mounts and the overall world is a bit larger.
I've played it on the XBOX 360, from what I've heard the controls on the console are easier than the ones on the PC, but since I've never played the PC version(s), I can't be a judge on that :).
And yes, it's a pikmin ripoff. But who cares? All these people complaining ripoff this ripoff that, what matters is that if you take an idea and improve on it, you create something new and innovative even so :).
Yeah, I'm enjoying it loads whenever I have time to play it. Once I'm done with the first I'll get the addon and then number 2 I think. Th controls are pretty simple on the PC, but then again I suck with controllers so what do I know? Triumph has a pretty good streak with AoW and then this, go Netherlands!

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Woo, Mega Man Zero 3! Tagline should be "And you thought the classic series was unfair."

Smoke353
Turnip Farmer

Post by Smoke353 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:53 am

Sage wrote:Last night, a friend of mine who got into the StarCraft II Beta gave me a key.
I hate you so very very very much. T^T
I was here.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Smoke353 wrote:
Sage wrote:Last night, a friend of mine who got into the StarCraft II Beta gave me a key.
I hate you so very very very much. T^T
Yeah, I'd love to try that beta as well. Still playing Overlord and enjoying it, and soon Serpensis Free sector since Angelfish was nice enough to let us know it's gotten a new release.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Well I've decided to pick up Fallout 3 again and continue where I left off, in the mean time I was playing Hero's of Might and Magic 5. It's true strategy I tells' 'ya!
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Nuclear wrote:Well I've decided to pick up Fallout 3 again and continue where I left off, in the mean time I was playing Hero's of Might and Magic 5. It's true strategy I tells' 'ya!
Heh, with me it was the other way around. I finished Fallout 3 in one go, but Homm5, which I think I spent around 35 hours in, became boring/difficult in the levels where you play the underground elves ;).

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:14 pm

My one problem is that I always love to micro manage a single hero and not hire any other ones. Not incidentally, I can't be in two places at once, thats when the damn computer player comes and takes my undefended city while I'm out killing stuff :(
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Smoke353
Turnip Farmer

Post by Smoke353 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Starcraft was my first non-arcade video game back when I was 9. Followed shortly by Diablo , Star Control 2, and Warcraft 2 (I think in that order). Starcraft remains my favorite game today. I want sc2 so bad =<
I was here.