Games other than Star Control

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Re: Games other than Star Control

Post by glory_device »

Tell me about it...the game crash a LOT on my computer and it got the better of my patience -_-I will dust it out at some point when I will get a new computer!

What part did you find frustrating?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star »

glory_device wrote:Tell me about it...the game crash a LOT on my computer and it got the better of my patience -_-I will dust it out at some point when I will get a new computer!

What part did you find frustrating?
Mostly the fact that one mistake can lead to a total squad wipe. But that does keep the tension high - it reminds me of the original in that respect. And the sometimes counterintuitive line-of-sight rules can also be kind of annoying, but overall I'm loving it.

No problems with bugs for me so far.
Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman »

The new xcom is indeed sweet. A near perfect sequel imo, a bit less hard than the original two, but can that really be considered a problem?

Anybody here play Lighthouse: The dark being? I remember watching my brother play it as a kid, it has me scared shitless even though I don't think it's supposed to be all that scary. Started playing it again yesterday after finding the CD in an old drawer. That birdman gives me the creeps to this day...
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

I followed a LP on Something Awful a while ago. It looked pretty cool.
Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman »

As I sat on the bus on my way home from work thinking about Lighthouse I realized that the dark being symbolizes the malevolent indifference of the universe(entropy, Satan, random lame events etc.), the birdman is the human condition, doomed to act based on outside influences, but not really evil or good in and of itself. Martin is God, yet as Nietszche states god is dead. Killed by man(the birdman).

That or(you must be 18 or older and not easily offended to view the post below):
The lighthouse and martin's roost symbolize two dicks, Jeremiah Krick and Martin are gay lovers, the portals symbolize the previously unexplored anus and the dark being is HIV that eventually killed Martin and must be stopped before he kills Jeremiah too. The birdman is benign bacteria in Martin's body that start to act up when the dark being manipulates it.

tl;dr Philosophical journey and commentary on the human condition, or homoerotic point and click adventure? You decide.
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

I decide it's just a silly game with some interesting aesthetics.
Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman »

Yeah, that's also a theory I've been working on for some time.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

I finished System Shock 2 a few weeks back. That is an awesome game.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

okay
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Those guys are supremely creepy, their muttering to themselves and screaming is really really unsettling in the beginning of the game. A well designed enemy.