Relocation station

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Zeracles
Pootworm

Re: Relocation station

Post by Zeracles »

Fossaman wrote:The old smilies were much better, I agree. I suppose now I'll have to resort to actually word-based communication, because I'm not putting those abominations in my posts.
Dragon wrote:Been running around the bush for last week so the new forum was a surprise :shock:
Been on safari? How crazy are the gods these days?
Lukipela wrote:Not keeping track of history, that's your job. Just making it.
How am I ever going to keep up with this? Image Slow down, will you?
Lukipela wrote:
Gekko wrote:I guess I can register here as well. Know your enemy and such...
Enemy? The SC fandom is one big cuddly family. No place for enemies here!
Maybe he means enemy only in the melee sense?
Draxas wrote:
Zeracles wrote:Shit. So what rank do I get for getting to -69 karma on the old forum? Wannabe pootworm? :mrgreen:
Looks like you don't have to be a wannabe anymore. Congratulations on your reincarnation!
That does make me feel quite special! Thanks to you, Sage, Eth, Nuclear and all others who annigilated me Image Maybe one of you can be Chief Annigilator or something Image
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)
fluffy_banana
Hunam adventurer

Post by fluffy_banana »

I've read that there's still some kind of archive of the old boards? Is it online, and if so, does anyone have a link?

I heartily approve of bringing back the old SC-themed board icons (from before the last software switch over).

Also, I could probably quickly cobble together some kind of SC-themed emoticons along the lines of what fossa mentioned, from hacking away at the melee captain/conversation screen graphics a bit, at least if there aren't already some floating around somewhere. I actually almost remember seeing some, ages ago? I don't they were built in to the forum, though.
Once again we meet to exchange valuable tangibles. Isn't this fun?!
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

The archive is in fact the old boards in question, at the old address, but you can't post there.
sedodes
Hunam adventurer

Post by sedodes »

I suppose I'll raise the member count, though don't expect me to post any more frequently than I have been... the married adult life continues, very little time for discussing decades-old video games. I didn't even read the "We've Moved!" email until just now.

I remember a LOT of things. The SCDB was like a home to me for years, which is probably the only reason I made the migration (the third one, counting my lurking days). I used to want to be a forum moderator and had the enthusiasm/participation to warrant it before life got in the way. I really do miss some of you, but having to tolerate the rest just stopped being worth it :cry:

Maybe if you all collectively petition TFB to have me write for a UQM sequel and they come knocking on my email inbox it'll bring me back. Hell, I'd even do it for a percentage of sales rather than an upfront cost. I've still got a TON of ideas and structure rattling around in my head, but as things stand now I have no reason to do it simply in the realm of fandom with how busy I am lately.
The most important thing to realize in life is that anyone can justify anything.
Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon »

Zeracles wrote:Been on safari? How crazy are the gods these days?
Not so crazy as this guy - Julius. Who has now gone so completely loony he's finally pissed off the ANC who are claiming that he's probably going to be assassinated by the Freedom Front but it sounds more like they're trying to build an alibi so they can have him assassinated themselves. The gods are positively sane in comparision but before I go any further I think someone had better start up another political megadump thread.

It wasn't a safari so much as a bosberaad, which is to say that the company heads of into the bush for a while and discusses what's going right and wrong and what should be changed in-between poking the rhino and running from the spiders.
FreakyM
Orz *camper*

Post by FreakyM »

Ah, sedodes shows proof of his continued existence. There's always room in the lurker's lounge.
Not gone. Drifting in the flow of the world, observing.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

sedodes wrote:I suppose I'll raise the member count, though don't expect me to post any more frequently than I have been... the married adult life continues, very little time for discussing decades-old video games. I didn't even read the "We've Moved!" email until just now.

I remember a LOT of things. The SCDB was like a home to me for years, which is probably the only reason I made the migration (the third one, counting my lurking days). I used to want to be a forum moderator and had the enthusiasm/participation to warrant it before life got in the way. I really do miss some of you, but having to tolerate the rest just stopped being worth it :cry:

Maybe if you all collectively petition TFB to have me write for a UQM sequel and they come knocking on my email inbox it'll bring me back. Hell, I'd even do it for a percentage of sales rather than an upfront cost. I've still got a TON of ideas and structure rattling around in my head, but as things stand now I have no reason to do it simply in the realm of fandom with how busy I am lately.
I'm glad you made the switch-over, Sedodes.
sedodes
Hunam adventurer

Post by sedodes »

Eth wrote:I'm glad you made the switch-over, Sedodes.
Why?
The most important thing to realize in life is that anyone can justify anything.
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

sedodes wrote:
Why?
Because we love you! :mrgreen:
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

sedodes wrote:
Why?
Uh, let me think about that...

Huh...

I honestly don't know.

;)

In all seriousness, you were heavily-involved in most of my good times on the SCDB, and when you've stuck your head in lately, you've amused me.