Relocation station

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Relocation station

Post by Lukipela »

All right folks, this is it. The SCDB is dead. Long live the SCDB. As our forum rises from the ashes like a glorious Phoenix, there are some big questions to be answered. One of them is, who survived? Who is going to be around to mould this new forum into the SCDB? And who is going to quietly slip away, hang up their SC hat and head for the door? Outside there is only the dark long night of oblivion. in here, We're set to rekindle the shining forum on the hill. Which ones of you are going to be here to lay the foundation? And which ones are going to give up now the way some did last time the SCDB fell and rose?

Step right in if you're here to continue the story and I'll etch your name in the stones of history that make up this place. Tell us of your favourite memory from the old forum whose hallowed halls now lie deathly quiet. And then walk bravely onwards into this fine new world we've created for you.

For me, it has to be the War of the Nest. that's the kind of teamwork we haven't seen since then, and the only story to reach a satisfying ending rather than peter out. Perhaps now that we are born again into the shining light, we'll have another chance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

Sworn warriors of the SCDB, bearers of witness and lovers of truth:

Lukipela, who remembers the roleplaying threads of old
Nuclear, who remembers karma with fear
Eth, who remembers his intent
Alen, who remembers that change can be good
Draxas, who remembers cats and community
Zeracles, who remembers the Star Control remake thread
Fossaman, who remembers the smilies of old
Oddstar, who remembers to show up
Dragon, who remembers the future of fandom
Zieman, who remembers to post every once in a while
Dabir, who remembers the merriment of the Pkunk
Gekko, who remembers his enemies
Scott, who remembers when he saved the forum by phone
Megagun, who remembers when the sky was blue
Smoke, who remembers to roar
FreakyM, who remembers... well god knows.
Rider, who remembers the Orz and the Matrix
fluffy_banana, who remembers the value of trade
Sedodes, who remembers the way things were
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the time for arriving is over, I will go to ridiculous trouble to etch this list into the very foundations of this site.
Last edited by Lukipela on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated the list
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Relocation station

Post by Nuclear »

Lukipela wrote: Who is going to be around to mold this new forum into the SCDB? Which ones of you are going to be here to lay the foundation?
{Puts up hand slowly}
Well Anyway, maybe the emoticons aren't as cute as the ones from SMF but other then that, I like the new look. And its nice knowing the retched problems from the last forum are not here in this one. Too bad it takes a tad longer to load :P

Edit: And also, its too bad that it takes a few more words to drop my sentence down a line, making my posts look even less impressive then they were originally...

Edit1: And its also too bad that your not allowed to upload an image above 100 kilobytes, I guess its for the betterment of forum loads. So until I compress my Androsynth GIF, say hi to General Klinganite of the Nephilim armada :roll:

Observation #1: I guess I'm not a big fan of change
Observation #2: Thank god theres no "annigalate" button, or for that matter, a "warship" button, instead theres "Friends and foes" hmmmmm
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

I'm here. Planing to stay a spell.
Nuclear wrote:Edit1: And its also too bad that your not allowed to upload an image above 100 kilobytes, I guess its for the betterment of forum loads.
How big is your image? 100 kb was just a fairly arbitrary number we picked. No reason it can't be changed.
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear »

Exactly 396 kilobytes
Oh and does it reshape your avatar like the last forum? I thought the Androsynth looked cooler when they were stretched out like that :)
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
Alen
Hunam adventurer

Post by Alen »

Well this is quite a refreshing change. :D
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Well, I'm here. Always happy to support the community, and hope against hope for a worthy sequel... And talk about Ur-Quan attitudes toward the Syreen, what really happened to the Androsynth, and cats. :D
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

Nuclear wrote:Exactly 396 kilobytes
Oh and does it reshape your avatar like the last forum? I thought the Androsynth looked cooler when they were stretched out like that :)
It's too big to fit anyway. I'd try to optimize it so that it's no bigger than 120 pixels in any direction. It seems like a very large file size, considering what it's doing.
Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles »

Nuclear wrote:Observation #2: Thank god theres no "annigalate" button, or for that matter, a "warship" button, instead theres "Friends and foes" hmmmmm
Shit. So what rank do I get for getting to -69 karma on the old forum? Wannabe pootworm? :mrgreen:
Lukipela wrote:Step right in if you're here to continue the story and I'll etch your name in the stones of history that make up this place.
Resolving to keep up with the history this time, excellent! Tread carefully around the old-old timers, they must be pretty fragile by now ;)
Lukipela wrote:Tell us of your favourite memory from the old forum whose hallowed halls now lie deathly quiet.
I must have made about 20% (more by content) of my old posts in Dragon's sc1 remake thread. He'll be along shortly to finish it . . . otherwise, we can do it allll again :D

I like the SC-themes. Nice work. I think it would be good to add a link to the site.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)
Fossaman
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Fossaman »

Greetings, Hunams.

The old smilies were much better, I agree. I suppose now I'll have to resort to actually word-based communication, because I'm not putting those abominations in my posts.

EDIT: Incidentally, where do I go to make it stop saying "I'M ALIVE" next to my avatar? Normally there's an easily visible option for that, but apparently it's either harder to find than usual or I'm blind.
oddSTAR
I'M ALIVE!

Post by oddSTAR »

Sure, I'll keep (mostly) lurking... 8-)
Listen: oddSTAR