What's your usual poison?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: What's your usual poison?

Post by Nuclear » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 am

Predominantly Red Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot being my favorite. My local VQA holds wine tastings every weekend and I never miss a single one.

I also enjoy a good craft beer every now and again. I like collecting the bottles.

Disregard my older post on the first page. Coffee does horrible things to my body nowadays; namely, insomnia {even if I have it in the morning} and panic attacks.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Have been to a few whisky tastings recently, trying to become part of the snob club. But while I do enjoy them, I can't detect half of the flavours that some of the other attendees can. Maybe I've got shit tastebuds.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 am

Bleeding Star wrote:Have been to a few whisky tastings recently, trying to become part of the snob club. But while I do enjoy them, I can't detect half of the flavours that some of the other attendees can. Maybe I've got shit tastebuds.
Oh, oops... I always thought you were supposed to BS your way through by tilting your head back slightly and smacking your lips together while saying stuff like, "Ah, yes! I do believe I can distinctly taste hints of oak and vanilla . And the finish...ah! Superb! Superb I tell you! The aroma of clover honey and fruit is plainly obvious as well as divine! Simply divine!"
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Clover honey huh? You do that so well. I should take notes.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:Clover honey huh? You do that so well. I should take notes.
:D
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Pepsi or Mountain Dew XD
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:41 am

Never really got addicted to soft drinks for some reason, even though I really like sweet stuff. I'd usually take Coke over Pepsi though, if pushed. But in all cases it's gotta be full of real sugar; HFCS is definitely inferior and all the artificial sweeteners are totally gross.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Soft drink is one of my weak point...I try not to buy them...but my girlfriend enjoy them too, so when she comes home with a crate of coke...well, I can't really resist! I got a really weak will when things are in my fridge. If it's at the grocery I can easily pass by tho.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:34 pm

I used to drink Coke every single day! I've cut back very significantly and only have a few a month but only when when my wife and I pick up fast food on the weekend or something. I'll drink Pepsi if Coke isn't available, but since I don't drink soda as often, its taste seems sweeter than ever now. I've even found myself choosing iced tea or lemonade over soda these days.
Bleeding Star wrote:HFCS is definitely inferior and all the artificial sweeteners are totally gross.
I totally agree. Sugar is not a health food by any means, but high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweetners are both so bad for you!

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:08 pm

The Troglodyte wrote: I've even found myself choosing iced tea or lemonade over soda these days.
Unless it is homemade...it's no better than a good old pop unfortunately! There are a few lemonade in supermarkets that are kinda okay...but, commercial iced tea is no different than a cola. Furthermore...it doesn't taste tea at all (and I'm a huge tea drinker).
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo