What's your usual poison?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

What's your usual poison?

Post by Eth » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:52 am

What do you most often drink?

I like to have a bottle of Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve lager with dinner. It's very cheap, here in the city where it's made, and pretty decent, at least in the hot summer months.

Gekko
Ilwrath torturer

Re: What's your usual poison?

Post by Gekko » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:08 am

Usually cheap Finnish beer, but as of late I've been cutting that down due to stomach problems. Occasionally I intoxicate myself with either Red Label or Grant's. Being a Finn I do drink a lot of coffee, but I've been cutting that down too.
Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 am

When I read the title of this, the first thing that came to mind was Arsenic.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:38 pm

About 7 liters of just water during the day, occasionally orange juice with the lunch. For alcoholic beverages I drink dark unfiltered beer, usually Goldstar brand, but sometimes I'm having a Kozel, Leff or Murphys. Recently I've discovered non-alcoholic beer, Lithuanian origin, that really does taste like beer, slightly more bitter, and I think I'm switching to that.
For alcoholic beers, pint or two max at the evening is my quota.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Chocoberry! Chocoberry! Chocoberry! It's a simple invention of mine, just mix Strawberry Milk with Chocolate Milk, or get milk and put chocolate and strawberry syrup. If you put in just the right amount of each, it's sooo delicious.

But I've mainly been drinking water, with the occasional apple juice.

But I've never drunken wine, it's illegal at my age. Beer tastes horrible in my opinion, even though I've in total not even had two sips.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:07 pm

I seldom drink alcohol during the week. During the weekend, we'll usually have wine with dinner. We try to vary the wines we try a lot, and we have this little book where we write down the wine, the food and when we had it to keep track. If I had to choose any wines, I'd say something in the Torres or Jacobs Creek family, which provides fair and consistent quality at a fair price IMO.

If I'm on my own in the weekend, I'll generally have a beer. A few towns over from where I'm at there's a local brewery called Nynäshamns Ångbryggeri. they make a lot of local tasty beers, though it's a bit of a drive to get them. If I can't be bothered I drink some other ale or stout. In bar's I'll generally go for Guiness or some Ale.

I rarely drink strong stuff, but when I do it's mostly Whisky. My favourite is probably Balvenie, they make one that is stored in Sherry casks for a while giving it a nicely different taste. Or something smoky like Black Grouse. But I'm not picky, although I don't like American rat poison "Whiskey".

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 pm

I can't even remember the last time I drank American Whiskey.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Lots and lots of coffee, French Vanilla and Irish Cream being my favorites.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:12 pm

A glass or two of untampered-with milk, and plenty of water throughout the day. If we have fizzy drinks around, I'll have those too, usually a supermarket's own brand coke or lemonade.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Code Red Mountain Dew which i can't buy in Canada and haven't for many many years, thankfully just about everyone I know who visits the states bring me back some =D.
as far as booze? cola and cherry whiskey is about the closest i come to "liking" something.
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.